{Real Weddings} Shirley & Perrin’s Fun Family Affair

Oh I love this wedding!  It is so casual and beautiful at the same time, and everyone is involved… even that super adorbs mr. dog down there!

There was definitely a time in my life when I would have said hands off to the (ahem) vertically challenged lot… but I think I’ve evolved past that point.  While I still wouldn’t say no to an amazing babysitter to keep the little ones entertained… weddings are really about family.  Why else are you going to all the trouble of having such a big party, if not to show your family how much you love and care about them?  That you want them to be a part of your special day.  Chances are, there are a couple of little ones out there that you love and care about too?

… I promise their moms will be super reasonable and make sure they don’t spill grape juice on your dress (right?).

Photography: Andrew Morrell Photography / Event Designer: Sarah Goodwin of Daisies & Pearls / Venue: Wolfe’s Neck Farm

1. Posted September 28, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

It was a beautiful day indeed and Shirley & Perrin are just the sweetest. Thank you for featuring Andrew’s amazing photos. He truly captured the beauty of the day.

• Posted September 28, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Thank YOU Sarah!! What a gorgeous event!

2. Posted September 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

That walk down the aisle is just WONDERFUL!

• Posted September 28, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

I love it… they look so happy… like they could just explode :)

3. ken wooh
    Posted September 29, 2011 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Weather was holding up during the most of the wedding and the reception,
    keeping in mind that hurricane was lurking. It was nice and breezy, over-cast sky and picture perfect lights for photo session.
    We were blessed for the occasion and my children’s future.

Ken

4. Shirley Harkins
    Posted October 3, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

Hello Laicie! Greetings from the bride in these photos!
    What nice things you had to say!

I was also hesitant about the number of little ones, but it turned out to be perfect in a large, open field, it didn’t feel like there were many children. And who else would play ladder ball and wave the ribbon wands so furiously?

Congratulations on your engagement and have fun with the planning. I had so much fun, and Sarah Goodwin was such a great partner in planning and brainstorming!

-Shirley