Labor Day Lists

I have always been, and will always be, a list maker.

It’s compulsive.

My little notes app on my iPhone is full of them… with duplicates and additions in my Things organizer and my task list in gmail (as I write this I am ever more aware of the need to consolidate).

But with this wedding upcoming, I fear lists may be taking over my life… just a little.

It’s August. This is supposed to be my time to catch up… but no such luck.

It’s like they’re waiting for me around every corner, ready to pounce… with a million little unchecked items.

And they are ever. expanding.

So my goal for the rest of this month is to keep up with my lists. Not eliminate, just keep up… because that, my friend, is a whole task of its own.

I’m looking to check a few big ticket items off by Labor Day, and I’m looking to be satisfied when I do… because sometimes, you just can’t shoot for it all… you have to be able to find happiness in enough.

In fact, maybe I should try to find happiness in enough a little more often.

How about you? Do you keep lists?  And how do you keep it all in line if you don’t?

Image: Advice that bears repeating, via Paper Life Love

1. Posted August 23, 2012 at 1:24 am | Permalink

I’m old school and rely a lot on post it notes with little lists… I love them!!!!

2. Posted August 23, 2012 at 3:12 am | Permalink

I love making list and sometimes I doodle on them too or put cute stickers on them…
    And I do like to put reminders on the ref.

3. Posted August 23, 2012 at 10:41 am | Permalink

When are you getting married? I’m really starting to look forward to it – you and your boy seem to have awesome taste, so I think your wedding will be beautiful! Wedding lists are definitely all-consuming, but take heart! Your wedding WILL happen and things WILL get done. You’ll probably be behind on some things, and that’s okay! And well said, finding happiness in enough.

• Posted August 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Aww thank you so much!! It’s coming up soon… in early November! Which feels right around the corner, even though I know it’s still kind of a little while. I’m definitely ready for the day to come, even if my lists do lag a little… I can’t wait to just get married. 🙂

4. Posted August 23, 2012 at 11:55 am | Permalink

I’m definitely a list maker too – it’s so satisfying to cross things off! I keep a little notebook around with me at all times 🙂

5. Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Dear God, life without lists seems cruel. Can you guess that I think they’re pretty sacred? I have a notebook with personal lists, a notebook with work lists, and a legal pad for MORE work lists–horray for lists, and even more for keeping up with them.

6. Posted August 23, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

I’m not so much of a list maker but I do like your goal! I’m more of a list maker at work, actually, and it feels so good to cross things off!

One Trackback

• By Happy Long Weekend! « A Thousand Threads on August 31, 2012 at 10:44 am

[…] a few minutes to set a really specific goal can make all the difference in the world.  Remember my lists?  Well I’m happy to say that over the past week and a half, I really do feel like I have […]