Love // Kelsey & Josh

real weddings / a thousand threadsAnd speaking of bucking tradition… today I have, hands down, one of the prettiest elopements I’ve ever seen.

No.  Contest.

real wedding AZ / a thousand threadsreal wedding AZ / a thousand threadsreal weddings / a thousand threads

Here’s the whole story, courtesy of Kelsey and Josh’s fantastic photographer, Alea

What a great story. I posted on my Facebook page that if anyone wanted to elope, I had a great idea for shooting it. Little did I know that my dear friends Josh and Kelsey were on the cusp of eloping themselves, and they allowed me to be a part of the process.

real wedding AZreal wedding AZ / a thousand threads

Their wedding was so fun and unlike any wedding I had ever been to because it was so “fly by the seat of your pants.” There were no concrete plans (in a great way!), and it was just so intimate. Their vows just blew me away with how special and personal they were to each of them. There were so many inside jokes and things that were meaningful to them — I loved how they didn’t stick with tradition.

They like to make furniture, so Josh made the altar they stood at and the table they ate at. They also handmade plates for their guests for the dinner they would have by the fire. It was southwest-themed, so the couple, who live in Texas, traveled to Phoenix for the affair, near where Josh’s dad, the officiant, lived.

It was really a treat to be able to be there with them. I wish every wedding could be so intimate and focused on love and the couple.

real wedding AZ / a thousand threadsreal weddings / a thousand threadsreal wedding AZ / a thousand threadsreal weddings / a thousand threadsreal wedding AZ / a thousand threadsreal weddings / a thousand threads

What do you think?  Would you consider an elopement?  Especially if it was as pretty as this?!

Mark and I actually considered it very seriously, but ultimately decided that we wanted to celebrate with more of our family and friends.

Photographer: Alea Lovely Fine Art Photographer / Location: Lake Pleasant Campground / Hair Stylist: Carla Calderon / Floral Designer: Victorian Gardens / Dress Designer: Ann Taylor / Makeup Artist: Makeup By Jen B.

1. Posted August 30, 2012 at 9:54 am | Permalink

What a beautiful wedding! It definitely does not look like what I picture a typical engagement to be like.

2. Posted August 30, 2012 at 11:38 am | Permalink

I’ve always loved rustic outdoorsy weddings. So simple and stunning at the same time.

3. Posted August 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

I wish I could have been at this wedding – how incredible!

4. Posted August 30, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Absolute perfection. I don’t even have words!

5. Posted August 30, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

what a beautiful wedding, i love all the tiny details. and her hair is gorgeous!!!
    trust me, the mister and i really considered eloping too! but we knew how upset both our families would be ultimately. sometimes this is the best way though!
    xo TJ

6. Posted August 30, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

No contest is right–this elopement is heaven! I’ll always be a sucker for stealing away to tie the knot.

7. Posted August 30, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Oh man, this is making me miss Phoenix!! What a beautiful elopement. Usually people get them in the courthouse, so this is a sweet alternative.

8. Posted August 31, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

beautiful elopement i like the idea it’s very romantic. but then i love the idea of a big lovely party with all family and friends too.