Rainy Day Chores

Stamp / A Thousand Threads

It was a rainy holiday weekend here in Maryland, with the remains of Hurricane Isaac working their way up the coast and landing just in time to sabotage our sunny plans, but we made the most of the opportunity and hunkered down to finish a few nagging chores.

Picture editing, envelope stamping, workin’ on the camera skills… the thing is, everything is better when you’re together, so it wasn’t so bad.

Mark / A Thousand Threads

We spent the rest of the weekend taking advantage of the outdoors when we could, squeezing in a couple of runs and a little time at the driving range… then huddling under the blankets to take in a movie (so good) and sip a possible wedding champagne.

And of course, we didn’t let the rain stop us from a little end of summer ice cream at the best place in town.

1. Posted September 4, 2012 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Sounds like a sweet rainy weekend to me. Movies on rainy days are the best 🙂

2. Posted September 4, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I always feel more productive when it rains because I actually WANT to be inside 🙂 Glad you had a fun weekend!

3. Posted September 4, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Sipping possible wedding champagne? Yummy 🙂 What could be better!

4. Posted September 4, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

What is that drink he is drinking? It looks so interesting! xoxo Thanks for stopping by hm.

5. Posted September 4, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

rain always helps you be more productive. whenever it’s sunny i just want to be outside. great photos, girl! you are just too cute!

6. Posted September 4, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

This sounds like the dreamiest weekend–we love a good rainy day!

7. Posted September 5, 2012 at 10:11 am | Permalink

That sounds like a great weekend! Sometimes I just loved being inside under a blanket in the rain, it’s so cozy.