Sometimes we like to shoot giant robots with pumpkins…

teepee / a thousand threadsHow do you know you live (kind of way out) in the country?  You might find yourself shooting giant robots with pumpkins, or watching uncomfortably as your six year old maneuvers what looks like a tank with ease.

Sunday afternoon, we took an impromptu trip up the road to visit a farm where we heard you could shoot punkin’ chunkin’ cannons yourself.  Since I’m pretty sure Mark has dreamt of this day since he himself was six, there’s no way we could pass it up.

a thousand threadsrobots / a thousand threadsa thousand threads

But really, as totally crazy as they were, the most impressive thing about the whole deal wasn’t the cannons — it was the size of the robots!  I can’t even imagine what it must take to build these things.

1. Posted October 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

This is amazing! I can’t believe it’s only about an hour, hour and a half from me. If James catches news of this we will surely be up there soon. Transformers + pumpkin cannons = another reason I love living on the east coast 🙂

xoxohannah

2. Posted October 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

sounds like you guys had a nice little break from all the wedding planning! punkin chunkin – huh!

3. Posted October 23, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Permalink

Wow, that is simply amazing. I love how HUGE that robot is! What a random combination. What a sight, I too wonder how that thing was constructed!

4. Posted October 24, 2012 at 12:11 am | Permalink

This looks like so much fun!

5. Posted October 24, 2012 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Oh, so fun! I’m hoping to go to a corn maze this weekend. They have cannons too, but nothing like those… wow!!!!

6. Posted October 24, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

What?!?! Those robots are absolutely incredible! Loving this!!
    xo TJ