A DIY Wedding Keepsake Hanger from Erica

I blog over at Caught On A Whim.  I’m thrilled Laicie invited me over to share a project with you while she’s away saying her ‘I dos’.

Since Laicie is tying the knot, I thought it would be fun to do a DIY with a wedding theme.  Today’s tutorial is a wedding keepsake hanger, because a wedding gown deserves to hang on something extra special.

DIY: Wedding Keepsake Hanger

HERE’S THE HOW TO:

1. Decide what you’d like to paint on the hanger. I went simple and chose the word ‘Love’, but the possibilities are endless.  Here are a few other ideas:

2. Use a pencil to trace your phrase onto the hanger.  This ensures that the phrase fits and is properly spaced before you paint it onto the hanger. Next, stencil the letters onto the hanger with a stencil brush and paint.
3. Finally, coat the hanger with sealant to protect the paint.
Now, your dress will look so pretty on a hanger that is anything but ordinary.
If you liked this hanger tutorial, be sure to check out this one too.  It is guaranteed to add a some major personality to your coat closet.

Thanks so much for having me over Laicie! I can’t wait to hear all the details about your beautiful wedding!

1. Posted November 13, 2012 at 6:48 am | Permalink

Thanks for inviting me over Laicie!

Here’s to a fabulous wedding day and the start of your new life together!

2. Posted November 13, 2012 at 7:30 am | Permalink

Love how simple the tutorial is! Awesome Tutorial Erica :33
    And happy wedding Lacie!!

3. Posted November 13, 2012 at 8:14 am | Permalink

This is so great. Thanks for the how to!

4. Posted November 13, 2012 at 10:31 am | Permalink

I love the “Mrs.” idea – adorable!

5. Posted November 13, 2012 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Stopping by from Caught on a Whim! These are some really cute ideas for a wedding hanger! Congratulations Laicie!

6. Posted November 13, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

I love your hanger tutorial, your photos are beautiful and I think every bride should have a special hanger like this on her big day 🙂
    Congrats on your new blog– it’s quite stunning and I loved being a part of it behind the scenes with Moorea 🙂 xo, Leigh-Ann

7. Posted November 13, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Great gift idea!

8. Posted November 14, 2012 at 2:23 am | Permalink

These hangers are so pretty! The monogrammed one would make a great holiday gift. You always have such fabulous DIY ideas, Erica! And Laicie, it’s so nice to have discovered your blog through Erica… happy wedding day to you! 🙂

9. Posted November 15, 2012 at 5:08 am | Permalink

One of the cutest, smartest and cheapest presents I’ve ever seen for a weeding!!

Thanks

10. Posted November 17, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

I love these DIy wedding hangers!! I have to try this. Such a great idea.