Head in the Clouds

in the clouds
Looking at the pictures from our honeymoon I feel like my head is still there, up in the clouds. Three weeks is a long time to be away! Everything is still fuzzy and a little discombobulated… and even though it’s a kind of a hardcore game of catch-up I’m already playing, I’m excited for all of the possibilities that seem open now that wedding planning is done. After all of the time I’ve spent (I had no idea how much I would…) it seems like such an opportunity. I could do anything right now you guys.

Okay I know it’s a delusion — I’m going to fill all of this supposed free time in two seconds flat, I’ve obviously already begun — but right now I’m just excited to have the opportunity to return with a fresh perspective and an open agenda and get down to setting some goals.

It’s time I start making some of these things happen, so here is my list of goals… pre-resolution time, because let’s be honest, goals are almost always better than resolutions… I never stick to those things.

** I promise I’ll have tons more pictures and a full honeymoon recap soon. All I can wrap my head around now is that it really was amazing — that picture was taken from our camp site on the third night of the Inca Trail.

THIS WEEK:

Write thank you cards and get the name change process underway (OMG I’m a Mrs!).
Decorate a tree — oh ya it’s happening — overcome laziness and finally get a topper.
Start the Christmas shopping lists.
Get back to some semblance of healthy eating… as in, you know, cheesecake probably isn’t an appropriate breakfast food.

THIS MONTH:

Brush up and catch up on work.
Bake Christmas cookies.
See the White House all dressed up for the holidays.
Watch Love Actually (because it’s just not Christmastime without it).

THIS YEAR:

Focus on authenticity and stick to a purpose.
Write more at work.
Run another marathon, and then a 50 miler.
Start writing the book I’ve always wanted to write. Start and don’t stop until it’s done.
Seriously sit down and get fluent in a language (Okay this is one of those resolution-type goals… it’s always there and I never have time… this is the year, though. I’m makin’ it happen… I swear. I think. Maybe writing it here will force me to get started so… fingers crossed?).

What are your goals for this week, month, and year? Do you make little lists like this all the time, like me, or do you usually wait until the new year?

1. Posted November 29, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Welcome back! These sound like awesome ways to fill your time, now that you’re not stressing over seating charts and playlists 🙂

2. Posted November 29, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

These are such amazing goals–and I would have to agree with Gloria, a genius way to smooth your transition back to daily life! So, so glad you’re back, and I’m dying to hear all about the honeymoon!

3. Posted November 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

I make lists like that allllll the time! It helps me a lot.

On being a mrs, I got a letter in the mail and saw “Mr and Mrs F” and was like “whooaa, I’m his mrs!!”. And it’s been almost two years! It takes some time to get used to it, I guess! hahaha

4. Posted November 29, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Love Actually is definitely a Christmas must-watch movie! another marathon and a 50 miler?! You can do it, Mrs!

5. Posted November 29, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

It is surreal coming back from a honeymoon isn’t it. I can’t wait to see all the photos you have to share.

My goal is to start preparing for Christmas. I have decorations to get up, presents to buy, and crafts to make. 🙂

6. Posted November 30, 2012 at 5:19 am | Permalink

Welcome back! Must have been great to have a nice getaway =) Hope you reach all your goals ^_^

Love from the NaNa girls xoxo

2 Trackbacks

• By With Intention on January 3, 2013 at 8:46 am

[…] I returned from our honeymoon, I wrote down my goals for the week, the month, and the year, and my first for the year was to “focus on authenticity […]

• By One Little Goal on February 7, 2013 at 10:47 am

[…] is all about new beginnings, and as a result we all have so many goals — I have lists upon […]