Tree Hunting

tree hunting / a thousand threads
The same week we returned from our honeymoon, Mark, Austin, and I kicked off our fun old fashion family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols.

… a thymbol of the thpirit of the Griswold family Chrithmath.

tree hunting / a thousand threadstree hunting / a thousand threadstree hunting / a thousand threadstree hunting / a thousand threads
And even though I’m a little offended that these shots don’t involve even the slightest bit of snow, I do so love to hunt for the perfect tree. Growing up, we always picked our tree out at a lot… and I’m not gonna say it wasn’t great buuut… this is kind of better.

A whole lot better.

1. Posted December 11, 2012 at 10:54 am | Permalink

In NYC, you drag your tree home from some street corner vendor. This looks WAY more fun πŸ™‚

2. Posted December 11, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Oh the Griswold’s. Love it! And these pictures are so hauntingly beautiful! Nothing puts you in the holiday spirit like cutting down your own Christmas tree πŸ˜‰
    xo TJ

3. Posted December 11, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Christmas tree hunting is so much fun! I’d love to see how yours looks all decorated for the holidays. πŸ™‚

Posted December 11, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

I promise I’ll take some pictures! πŸ™‚

4. Posted December 11, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

Oh, Griswolds! Our SF tree comes from a little city lot, and my parents’ tree comes from a farm–I love getting it both ways, but two trees in one year is pretty amazing!

5. Posted December 11, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

awww… you guys all look so cute!!! what a lovely family πŸ™‚

6. Posted December 13, 2012 at 1:28 am | Permalink

love tree hunting! lovely photos. best time of year, by far πŸ™‚