Close, No Cigar

friday love / a thousand threads
No snow for us! Ha!

Actually I’m really jealous… it’s been such a long time since we’ve had a nice big snowstorm. And I know there are a ton of terrible things that can come of a big storm, lack of power being key, but there’s also always a chance you might just have to hunker down in a nice warm house and drink hot cocoa all weekend… which, after a couple of really busy weekends in a row, is kind of where I’m at… so stay warm those of you just (literally only a few miles) north of me!

Drink some hot cocoa and make some snow angels for me… even though I’m not much of a fan of winter, I really do love (or maybe just miss… it’s been more than two years!) the white fluffy stuff.

Here are a few of my favorites…

These adorable floral friendship bracelets.

This single ladies Valentines brunch.

The creatures of oh, albatross — I’m dying over this guy.

Spring ’13 Scout & Catalogue.

This genius new fashion blog — h/t to the always-inspiring Anne Sage.

Million dollar nuggets.

The prettiest wedding dresses from Whitney Deal.

Alt advice for beginning bloggers.

I’m late to this, but just in case… it’s worth it.

Turns out, those divorce statistics you’ve heard aren’t one size fits all.

1. Posted February 8, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for the link love! I am so happy to have come across your beautiful blog! xx – Patti

Posted February 8, 2013 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Thank you! My pleasure, I love your work, your blog… all of it. :)

2. Posted February 8, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

I’m crazy envious of all that snow–time to move back East, and North! Have a wonderful weekend!

Posted February 8, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Yes! But just right back here. :) I could be good with that.

3. Posted February 8, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

That little Frenchie is SO cute!

4. Posted February 8, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Happy you are not getting any of it… It looks so bad!!! Have a nice one!

Posted February 8, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

You too!! It does… I’m jealous but I’m definitely also a little relieved.

5. Posted February 8, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

thank you dearly for the mention! :)

Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Oh Whitney, my pleasure! I am so in love with your dresses!

6. Posted February 12, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

That frenchie is the cutest, and that is such an adorable Etsy shop. They have the quirkiest fun finds.

I have to agree with you that a snow day at home curled up with hot cocoa is the best-est. :)