Gatsby Love?

friday love / a thousand threads
So we’re all having a big fat Gatsby party this weekend, ya?

I have to admit that I’m practically already running to see the movie – Baz Luhrmann has been my #1 since the days of Romeo and sunscreen, so I’d run to almost anything new, but add in the glitz and glamour of the roaring 20s set against a soundtrack of Jay-Z, Gotye, and Lana Del Rey — I’m so in. I’m still a geeky theater kid at heart and the whole big show of it all just kills me.

What do you think? Are you as excited as I am? Or do you side with Mark who just happens to hate both Baz Luhrmann AND Leonardo DiCaprio (poor guy… it’s a one-two punch, this one, but he’s too sweet on me not to go.)

Whatever you’re up to, have an amazing weekend and a happy Mother’s Day!

Here are a few more things I’m loving this week…

Eye Rue’s Pacific Northwest issue, which is making me even more homesick than usual.

Buy these cute kitchen decals.

Make this DIY keepsake stationery chest.

Bake this brilliant little single serving deep dish apple pie.

Why are women DIY entrepreneurs called ‘hobbyists’?

This reaction to Joel Stein’s Time article on “me me me” millennials.

Rhubarb floats and boozy rum horchata.

You mean my egg white delight is still bad for me?

Lunchtime dance parties!

Jennifer Lawrence.

Daughter’s cover of “Get Lucky.”

24 people who are really nailing this parenting thing.

I guess I’m mentally ill.

1. Posted May 10, 2013 at 9:54 am | Permalink

I can’t believe how hyped this movie is – I’m definitely excited about it! Not to mention that I love Carey Mulligan…

2. Posted May 10, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

I wasn’t all that excited about Gatsby until the soundtrack was released, and now?? I cannot get there fast enough. I practically flock to Jay-Z tunes!

3. Posted May 10, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Leo is no Robert Redford, but i am still excited for this remake of Gatsby!!!! Also, I can’t stop listening to the daughters cover. It has been on repeat for days!

4. Posted May 10, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

i am SO excited for gatsby. i happen to love baz and leo (and obviously f. scott!) going to wait a few weeks for the crowds to die down but then i’m definitely going to see it. and in the meantime, i plan to download the soundtrack this weekend!!!

5. Posted May 10, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Love, love, love the articles you included, and the sound of your weekend! John and I are headed to Tulsa for a spontaneous, surprise trip to his baby brother’s graduation; Gatsby might have to wait for us, but I can’t complain!

6. Mom
    Posted May 11, 2013 at 1:13 am | Permalink

I’m enjoying my huge beautiful bouquet from both you and Mark for Mother’s Day …I am the lucky one, having you. Enjoy the weekend with your three boys ( one barks) but I love them all too…Mom

7. Posted May 11, 2013 at 8:51 am | Permalink

I’m in love with all the 1920s loving going on lately!

8. Posted May 12, 2013 at 12:45 am | Permalink

I was super excited to see Gatsby and it was even better than I had hoped it would be! I’m a girl obsessed!! (In other news, I love the hearts on top of that apple pie.)

Posted May 13, 2013 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Aren’t they the cutest? I’m so glad to hear you loved it! I can’t wait to see it, the weekend was so busy that I haven’t been yet!