Our Wedding // The Look

our wedding look / a thousand threads
Those of you who’ve followed along for a while know the whole story behind my dress… how I knew it was right, but then just continued to worry… because well, that’s me.

Like most brides, I obsessed a bit about the dress, shoes, veil or no veil, sash or no sash… but in the end, by some stroke of pure luck, everything came together in a way that I truly loved.

our wedding look / a thousand threadsour wedding look / a thousand threadsour wedding look / a thousand threadsour wedding look / a thousand threadsour wedding look / a thousand threadsour wedding look / a thousand threadsour wedding look / a thousand threadsour wedding look / a thousand threadsour wedding look / a thousand threads
My dress was a simple chiffon a-line by Ivy & Aster that stole my heart with its little ruffle around the top.  It came with the most gorgeous straps, but since I’m a little person — and sometimes even the smallest details can begin to overwhelm my stature — I eventually decided to have the straps removed.  I did a ton of research and settled on the most fantastic, miracle-working seamstress who transformed the top into a perfect sweetheart neckline that flattered my shape.  I don’t even know how she did it, but an expert couldn’t have guessed that the dress didn’t start out the way it ended up.

To accent the dress, I added a piece of vintage velvet ribbon tied around the waist (waaay cheaper than opting for a fancy sash, and just as pretty), golden Kate Spade strappy sandals, and a sparkly Twigs & Honey headpiece.  During the ceremony I wore a simple drop veil, and when the weather turned chilly I slipped on a velvet schoolboy blazer from J. Crew with a vintage brooch pinned to the lapel.

Really though, in my own (totally unbiased) opinion… anything I did, Mark did better.  He knocked my socks off in his navy blue Brooklyn Tailors suit, checked shirt and vintage tie.

On the day of the wedding, I sipped champagne in the master bedroom of the farmhouse with my maid of honor, who wore a strapless J. Crew sheath, while Mark hid out in the guest house with his guys.  Mark’s best man and my dad wore navy J. Crew slacks, complementary checked shirts and matching vintage ties, and our littlest guy was decked out in Crew Cuts with a striped Forage tie.

Of course, I can’t talk about our look without mentioning that we girls owe a massive debt of gratitude to Mar — who isn’t just a genius, she’s a hell of a lot of fun to have around — I wish I had her here to hang out and make me up every day.  Lord knows I need it… I have no idea how to do all of this to myself, and I couldn’t have been happier with the way everything turned out.

Next up: The Ceremony

Photographer: Steve Steinhardt / Venue: Figueroa Mountain Farmhouse / Hair+ Makeup: Mar with TEAM Hair and Makeup / Floral: DIY / Dress: Ivy & Aster / Shoes: Kate Spade / Headpiece: Twigs & Honey / Groom’s Suit: Brooklyn Tailors / Bridal Party: J. Crew / Patterned Ties: David Arms by Otis James / Striped Tie: Forage

1. Posted May 21, 2013 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Just stunning! I love outdoor wedding photos. His tie and your jacket go so well together. You were such a lovely bride. :)

Posted May 21, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much Erica!! xo

2. Posted May 21, 2013 at 11:16 am | Permalink

I LOVE your dress. It’s so romantic and it looks perfect on you. That headband is GORGEOUS!! I love the feel of your wedding too. When we renew our vows, I want it to be something like that.

Posted May 21, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

Aww thank you!!! I can’t wait to see what you do for your vow renewal. :)

3. Michelle
    Posted May 21, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

You were so beautiful Laicie! So happy to see these pictures and experience your wedding all over again. Congrats on SMP too!

Posted May 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Aww thank you lady — I can’t wait to see yours!! Your day was just perfect. :)

4. Posted May 21, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

looks so great!! Cant wait to see the rest of the series

Posted May 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Thank you Juni!! Can’t wait to share. :)

5. Posted May 21, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

You look positively radiant!

Posted May 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Thank you Lena!! xo

6. Posted May 21, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

You look gorgeous Laicie…. what a lovely wedding, and the photography is so beautiful!

Posted May 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much Esther!! We’re so happy with the way everything turned out… Steve did an amazing job. :)

7. Posted May 21, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

Laicie, you look absolutely stunning!! I have the chills just looking at these beautiful photos!! And your husband is adorable as well. Best to both of you love birds!

Posted May 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

THANK YOU!! I’m so excited to finally share… and to be able to look back at these forever. :)

8. Posted May 21, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Permalink

You, and your dress, are stunning. Congrats on getting featured on Style Me Pretty! Ahhhh snap!

Posted May 22, 2013 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Eeee thank you!!! OMG I’ve been dying to share these with you for the LONGEST TIME. I’m so glad I finally get to! xo

9. Posted September 14, 2014 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

What a darling wedding!! Absolutely love your dress!

2 Trackbacks