Our Wedding // The Film

This. I don’t know where to begin with this. I wanted to post our whole wedding film, vows and all, because from the second it begins… I cry. There are very few things I own that mean as much to me as this little film.

I will be forever grateful to The Cana Family (you should really check out their gorgeous new website, by the way) who not only made this happen, but introduced us to the best band ever — we were almost ready to give up our search and I swear they read our minds… they found just the band for us — and truly made our whole day that much more amazing just by being there. This is the icing, you guys… I couldn’t have asked for more.

Next up: The Stars

1. Posted May 23, 2013 at 10:50 am | Permalink

wow! that was, honestly, one of the most beautiful wedding films i have ever scene. thank you for sharing it. as i get closer to my own wedding each day, your film, along with your posts about your day, just make my anticipation to walk down that aisle so much greater. we haven’t budgeted for a film of our own, but i may need to rethink this. πŸ™‚

Posted May 23, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Oh Amy that’s so exciting!! Thank you so much. I’m so glad I could add to the excitement… although I’m sure you don’t need much help. πŸ™‚ I’m sure your wedding will be amazing! I can’t wait to hear about it!!

2. Posted May 23, 2013 at 10:50 am | Permalink

seen* πŸ™‚

3. Posted May 23, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

I love wedding films – they age so beautifully as your marriage progresses. My husband and I watch our own film each year on our anniversary, and it always brings back such wonderful memories from our special day!

Posted May 23, 2013 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful tradition!! I’d love to do the same… it’s such a special thing to have.

4. Posted May 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

I’m so glad you posted the whole thing–I started tearing up from the moment you started crying! The laughter, the gorgeous setting and all that love between not just you guys but your families is incredible.

Posted May 23, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

I’m SO happy to be able share it with all of my favorite people who didn’t get to experience the day firsthand… it was such an amazing day. xoxo

5. Posted May 23, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

I have tears in my eyes! That was beautiful. It’s so fun to get to see an online friend in 3D (creepy??) but really you carry yourself so well and I love your laugh. So glad you have this video to always cherish.

PS You’re a champ for putting up with the wind! I would have been freaking out about it ruining my hair and my veil, but you took it in stride and looked amazing!

Posted May 23, 2013 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Oh Emily thank you so much!!! I’m so there with you — it’s so much better to see a real person… almost a real person haha. πŸ™‚ Even more, it feels like we’ve been talking about this forever and now I can finally share… I love it!!

Ha that darn wind… I honestly think I was so delirious I didn’t even notice!

6. Posted May 23, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

awwwwmazing and too gorgoues to be true!

Posted May 23, 2013 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Thanks lady. πŸ˜‰

7. Posted May 23, 2013 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

Wow- so beautiful! The day looked perfect and the video is gorgeous! Congrats!

Posted May 23, 2013 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Thank you Lindsay!! It was such an amazing day. πŸ™‚

8. Mom
    Posted May 23, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

OMG this is the first time I have seen the long version. It is so beautiful and captured the day wonderfully. It really was such a perfect setting for two amazing people. It will always be such a keepsake. Love you three.

9. Posted May 23, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

OMG I don’t even know you (I mean, I only just recently came across your blog), and within 30 seconds I was crying like a little girl. This was gorgeous. Just… perfection.

10. Posted May 24, 2013 at 6:21 am | Permalink

so beautiful. Thank you for sharing, laicie! I cried throughout and had to keep pausing to get tissues or blow my nose. The way you two look at each other turned me into a crying mess hahah.

11. Posted June 4, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

I just spent the last 20 minutes watching your beautiful wedding film. I had to fight back the tears a few times. Such a blessing!

Posted June 4, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Thank you Rachel!! We were so happy with the way it turned out. πŸ™‚

12. Posted November 7, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

wow. I have no words to express what I’ve seen. You both have touched my soul with all your love. Everything was just brilliant.

xoxo

2 Trackbacks

• By Our Wedding // The Party on June 7, 2013 at 3:31 pm

[…] « Our Wedding // The Reception Our Wedding // The Film » […]

• By 52 dates // 2 | A Thousand Threads on January 13, 2014 at 10:15 am

[…] said it before and I’ll say it again, I am so so so happy that we decided to film our wedding. Being able to go back and watch our vows… to see our smiling faces and the happiness of our […]