Martha Stewart’s Modeling Career

martha stewart's modeling career
Have I somehow missed the boat on this? Did we know that at just 13, Ms. Martha signed on with Ford and modeled all the way through college to help pay the bills?

Also — that she was a total fox?

Sadly, it sounds like she had no idea.  Here’s Martha in a recent interview with Parade responding to whether she knew she was beautiful…

“No, I actually didn’t. I knew I was good enough to get $60 an hour, which was the going rate at the time. I wasn’t the cover girl. I wasn’t Suzy Parker. But I should’ve been. Maybe if I had had somebody encouraging me…”

Unfortunately I think a lot of us fall victim to that trap, don’t you?

martha stewart's modeling careermartha stewart's modeling careermartha stewart's modeling career
Speaking of Martha, it’s just a little over a week until Alt NYC!! I can’t wait to meet those of you who are coming… and to share all of the good things we learn with those of you who can’t!

Happy Monday! Hope you all had an amazing weekend.

Photos via.

1. Posted June 10, 2013 at 9:53 am | Permalink

whoa whaaat? I had absolutely no idea she was a model. foxy lady indeed!

Posted June 10, 2013 at 9:55 am | Permalink

I know right? Me either!! My mind is blown.

2. Posted June 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

had no idea!! She was really pretty (and still looks pretty good!! )

3. Posted June 11, 2013 at 1:27 am | Permalink

Wasn’t she a babe!? I found out she modeled a few years back and totally respected her on another level (having a passion for modeling, myself).

Hope you have a blast at Alt!

4. Posted June 11, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Love martha, love this post! Its crazy how we often don’t realize how good we have it until some time has passed!

– Kelsey @ Time Stand Still

Posted June 13, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

It is! My mom always lectures me on the subject and I try to remember what she says as best I can… but it can be hard in the moment. 🙂

5. Posted June 12, 2013 at 9:08 am | Permalink

I love that Martha was a model, stockbroker, AND empire-grower – what a lady!

Posted June 13, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Crazy, right? Superwoman.

6. Posted June 13, 2013 at 7:35 am | Permalink

WOW! Stunning!!

Posted June 13, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Thank you Kim!!

7. Posted June 13, 2013 at 8:44 am | Permalink

I had no idea about this, she looked stunning! What a woman!