The End is Nigh

how to move your google reader / a thousand threads
Just a few more days! Have you started the move?

I have to admit that I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Feedly, but there are lots of great options out there — including Bloglovin’, of course, along with an upcoming reader from Digg that promises to be pretty great.

And because of the mass exodus, nearly all of these services have made it crazy easy to move. For instructions on moving to Bloglovin’, click here. And for Feedly it’s as easy as signing in. They do all of the work for you.

So if you’re still holding out (I know a few of you are) don’t be scared to take the leap. You can even try a few and see which one you like best.

And while you’re at it (because what would this post be without a little shameless self-promotion?) you can add A Thousand Threads to your list!

// To add A Thousand Threads on Bloglovin’, click here.

// To add A Thousand Threads on Feedly, click here.

// To add A Thousand Threads on another reader or subscribe by email, click here.

1. Amanda L.
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:07 am | Permalink

I never used Google reader (gasp! What?) but all this talk about it going away intrigued me, so I started using theoldreader.com. It’s been great and has made my morning routine about 1,000 times easier. No more worrying about forgetting to visit a blog or missing an important (ok, probably not important, but interesting) post!

Posted June 26, 2013 at 9:13 am | Permalink

I’ve heard great things about The Old Reader!! Do you love it? I’m really loving the visual look of Feedly right now, but a lot of people are excited for Digg’s new reader, so I’ll have to check that one out too. I don’t think I’ve quite found my new forever-home haha, but there are so many good options. šŸ™‚

2. Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

I’ve been using bloglovin’ for years now! I love it! Of course, already following you there! xx

Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:32 am | Permalink

It’s so great!! Especially for blogs like ours — thanks Ana. šŸ˜‰

3. Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I never actually used Google Reader either, but since they announced its end, I’ve been experimenting with Bloglovin’. I can’t believe I’d been foolishly clicking through bookmarks for so many years!

Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:29 am | Permalink

I did it for a long time too!! It’s amazing what a difference a reader can make though — I’m so much quicker now!

4. Posted June 26, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

While I always loved Google Reader, I definitely craved a more visually appealing format. When the end of Google Reader was announced, I quickly found Feedly and have been using it for three months now. I LOVE LOVE it so much, it is just so easy to use, the saved function is great.

5. Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

The link to Feedly ins’t quite working for me – any suggestions?

Love the blog, just discovered you! šŸ™‚

xoxo R

Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

Oh no! So glad you love the blog!! I’m sorry you’re having trouble… if you enter http://feeds.feedburner.com/1000threadsblog/feed into Feedly’s search function then you can add the blog manually. Let me know if you have any more trouble (your work is beautiful btw!).