5 Fantastic Things // June

alt nyc 2013 / a thousand threads
Five things, times two, once a month — it’s a journaling revolution, folks.

I want to remember…

1 // Meeting up with (and just plain meeting) so many awesome, amazing, wonderful folks at Alt (like Gloria and Audrey above!). How great is it that things like blogging conferences exist to pull us all away from our computers and into a room together?
2 // Entering the last year of my 20s… and swearing to make it count.
3 // Laughing as hard as I think I ever have on a long-ass drive home from NYC that included a hot dog with a pitchfork and a trip to the Jersey state line.
4 // Dreaming of bakery-plans-to-be over an Intelligentsia (finally on the east coast!) latte in the sun.
5 // Pool days and stormy nights. I know I resist, but there’s something about summer on the east coast that really gets me. I’m lookin’ at you, fireflies.

I’m looking forward to…

1 // Come on, July is just the best… barbecues, fireworks, hot sweaty days in the sun (what can I say, I like vitamin D). I can’t wait to get this party started. The one and only sad thing about July is that it brings us one month closer to winter’s return.
2 // So actually, the 4th will be Mark’s and my sixth anniversary. We’ve been married just under a year, but this thing goes way back. I’m looking forward to a little celebration, even if it is the unofficial kind.
3 // Pasta and pastries in upstate NY — my mouth is already watering.
4 // Chipping away at our little project to spruce up the house. Little by very very little, it’s starting to come together — sometime next year I should be ready to share.
5 // Seeing Jim James, Father John Misty, Frank Turner, Phosphorescent and So. Many. Others. at Folk Fest (I’m counting down the days).

1. Posted June 27, 2013 at 7:59 am | Permalink

I’m an East Coast girl through and through but this summer I’ve found myself resisting this summer weather, I was sick of stormy skies and sticky air.
    Until last night, after a long day in the sun, I heard the thunder start to roll in and drops splattered the ground and I smiled and thought, this is home.

Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:28 am | Permalink

Don’t get me wrong, I have those moments too haha! It’s been so stuffy lately… but man, those summer storms always get me. There’s just something calming about them. About everything in the summer on the east coast.

2. Posted June 27, 2013 at 7:59 am | Permalink

sounds like you had a great month! and woww 6 years, happy anniversary to you guys!

Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Thanks Juni!! Six years has gone by so fast. :)

3. Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Haha this photo is SO ridiculous! Sounds like July is going to be a fun month for you!

Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:27 am | Permalink

I laugh every time I look at those shots — this one is nowhere near the most ridiculous haha! They’re charming in their crazy. 😉

4. Posted June 28, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

I cant believe this month is over!!!! it just started!!! have a great weekend!