Boozy Strawberry-Watermelon Wine Pops

watermelon wine pops / a thousand threads
Since we’re busy getting all of the rain out of our system today (right, clouds?) I’m just going to run with the assumption that the 4th of July is going to be gorgeous. Perfect for these strawberry-watermelon wine pops.

And if not, well… they have wine in them. Do you really even need the sun?

watermelon wine pops / a thousand threadswatermelon wine pops / a thousand threadswatermelon wine pops / a thousand threads
Boozy Strawberry-Watermelon Wine Pops

2 1/2 cups seeded diced watermelon
1/2 cup fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened, thawed
6 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
6 oz sauvignon blanc

Combine all ingredients in blender; puree until smooth. Strain into cup or bowl (make sure it’s something that’s easy to pour) pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Pour puree into Popsicle molds, dividing equally. Freeze overnight. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Keep frozen.)

1. Posted July 3, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

you had me at boozy!! Can I still get in on the celebratory popsicles even though I’m Canadian!? YUM.

p.s. I’m dying to see what you get up to with that desk!!

Posted July 5, 2013 at 7:32 am | Permalink

I think we can make an exception. πŸ˜‰ And I can’t wait to share!! I just bought my spray paint… I’m moving at a snail’s pace but I’ll get there soon haha. πŸ™‚

2. Posted July 3, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Did you really just say strawberry-watermelon wine pops?! YES!!

Posted July 5, 2013 at 7:36 am | Permalink

Thanks Lena! Any excuse to add wine. πŸ˜‰

3. Posted July 3, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Grown-up popsicles! What a great idea! Those look incredibly refreshing and summer-y! Perfect for the 100 degree weather we’ve been having here!

Posted July 5, 2013 at 7:34 am | Permalink

I think I could eat the whole tray with the heat we’ve been having lately — summer is definitely here!!

4. Posted July 3, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

omg – these look so refreshing and pretty too! and easy enough for even me to make! tx for sharing this!

Posted July 5, 2013 at 7:26 am | Permalink

It’s my first time experimenting with popsicles and they were so easy!! I’m definitely going to be making more… especially since it’s been so hot.

5. Posted July 9, 2013 at 8:45 am | Permalink