Toasted Vanilla Bean Bourbon Shake

toasted vanilla bean bourbon shake / a thousand threads
Mark thinks I’m gross, but marshmallows are my weakness. I could eat a whole bag. Add a little bourbon and a fresh vanilla bean into the equation and I’m done…

This shake was inspired by a concoction that’s served at one of our favorite restaurants in town. Really, it’s the most boring adult shake on the menu… so boring that these days you’ll only get it if you ask. But I still think it’s the best by far.

toasted vanilla bean bourbon shake / a thousand threads
The combination of rich vanilla, bourbon, and, of course — marshmallow fluff — is pretty much perfect in my eyes. So while others might go for the fancier grasshopper or chocolate orange blends (okay they’re pretty amazing too) I’ll always come back to this.

Just hopefully not too often now that I have a recipe… dangerous is an understatement… in fact Mark should probably start hiding the blender now.

And the fluff.

toasted vanilla bean bourbon shake / a thousand threadstoasted vanilla bean bourbon shake / a thousand threads
Toasted Vanilla Bean Bourbon Shake
Adapted from Bobby Flay’s Burgers, Fries, and Shakes

1/2 cup milk
1/2 fresh vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
11 ounces vanilla bean ice cream (about 1 3/4 packed cups)
1 ounce of your favorite bourbon
1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff

Combine milk, bourbon, and vanilla bean seeds in the blender and blend until combined, about 5 seconds. Add the ice cream and blend until smooth, about 10 seconds. Top with marshmallow fluff and toast lightly with a kitchen torch. Makes two eight ounce shakes, or one sixteen ounce shake.

toasted vanilla bean bourbon shake / a thousand threads

1. Posted July 23, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

This looks like the absolute best way to drink bourbon!

Posted July 23, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

It definitely is! :)

2. Posted July 23, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

We always have bourbon stocked in our bar, so I’ll definitely be trying this recipe!

Posted July 23, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

A girl after my own heart! Our bar is all bourbon and two gins haha. ;)

3. Posted July 23, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

That sounds awesome. We should have some kind of adult milkshake party! Ha!

Posted July 23, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Ooh I am SO in! Nothing beats an adult milkshake. :)

4. Posted July 23, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

I don’t know why, but I have been crazy addicted to marshmallows lately. We’ve been making s’mores constantly! This shake sounds beyond amazing…

5. Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:37 am | Permalink

Adult milkshake is my kind of drink, looks great!

2 Trackbacks