5 Fantastic Things // July

spirit family reunion at the paste ruins / a thousand threads
5 FANTASTIC THINGS

I want to remember…

1 // Umm… can we talk about that picture up there? Two words: Folk Fest. Hands down the best concert-going experience I have ever had. (More on that later, I promise.)
2 // Spending time with family, and finally having the chance to share our wedding video, at the Boilermaker.
3 // Celebrating six years with my guy, and two years with this blog! (I’m terrible, I know… I passed it right over. We’ll have to find a nice little way to celebrate.)
4 // Successfully growing real, red, EDIBLE tomatoes for the very first time. Our little plant outside is so damn healthy it almost makes me want to cry.
5 // Deciding to rise up and take a big risk.

I’m looking forward to…

1 // Taking it easy. Right now we don’t have many plans for August. We’re headed to see Black Prairie perform with the lovely folks above on the 18th, but that’s it… and I can’t wait. I plan to savor every single day off and spend as many as possible next to the pool. It’s been such a busy summer so far.
2 // Brainstorming some big ideas.
3 // Studying for the GRE. I think it’s time to take the leap.
4 // Okay so still, yes to #1… but maybe also squeezing in a little bit of camping? I really am craving a little sleep under the stars.
5 // ….. maaaaybe getting my first tattoo?

1. Posted July 31, 2013 at 8:24 am | Permalink

I’ve been telling myself to take the leap and study for the GRE for months and months and months. Really need to dust off my prep book.

Posted July 31, 2013 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Me too!! I’m telling myself it’s like a band-aid… just rip it off. Once I’ve started I’ll have to keep it up, right?

2. Posted July 31, 2013 at 9:24 am | Permalink

I can’t believe August is here already! What tattoo are you thinking about getting? I’m so intrigued!

Posted July 31, 2013 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Me either!! Where is the summer going?! I’m thinking about a little tree on the inside of my forearm… I’ve been thinking about the tree for a long time, but just recently decided on a place… now I just have to get up the courage to do it haha. 🙂

3. Posted July 31, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Oh, a little tree would be so perfect!

4. Posted July 31, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

sounds like a fantastic month! and hahah to #5 on your looking forward list, that’s been on mine for forever… but I haven’t found the guts!

5. Posted August 1, 2013 at 8:13 am | Permalink

congrats on your anniversaries! and I hope we all find the time to relax this August.

One Trackback

• By One Fantastic Year on August 29, 2013 at 6:02 am

[…] this August, rather than share 5 things I have in store, I thought I might check in with […]