Newport Folk Fest 2013 // The Essential Playlist

newport folk essential playlist / a thousand threads
I’ve been singing since I came home, so I thought I’d share a few songs from my favorite shows.

I didn’t include the Avett Brothers, Lumineers, or Frank Turner here because I think you’re probably already in love (if there are any there you haven’t heard, though — run, don’t walk). These are the bands that are waiting to be loved just as much.

So if you’re not already listening, check them out. Folk Fest always catches the best of the best.

And if you’re thinking it’s all banjos and harmonicas… think again. Folk is an ethos, not a sound, and no festival understands that better than Newport.Β  There’s a little something for pretty much anyone on there (although, okay… I’ll admit… there are a few banjos and harmonicas too).

To listen on Spotify, click here.

1. Posted August 1, 2013 at 10:50 am | Permalink

the lone bellow has been my band of 2013 !!! loving this playlist πŸ™‚

Posted August 3, 2013 at 9:06 am | Permalink

They are sooo good — and amazing live!! Glad you like the playlist!! πŸ™‚

2. Posted August 1, 2013 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Sweet songs but I especially love The Lumineers!

Posted August 3, 2013 at 9:05 am | Permalink

I love them too — and they were amazing live! Hope you like the rest. πŸ™‚

3. Posted August 1, 2013 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

Yay!!! So excited to give this a listen. I’m from NC and have been following the Avetts since they first started and it is so fun to see them all over the country/world now. Hooray for finding other new artists!

Posted August 3, 2013 at 9:05 am | Permalink

So in love with them! I actually walked down the aisle to an Avett Brothers song. πŸ™‚ Hope you like the playlist!!

One Trackback