Singing in the Sun

my favorites this week / a thousand threads
The weather — uh-oh, here she goes with the weather, original move there, Laicie… no but really, hear me out — the weather is so fantastic in DC right now that I think it might actually be physically impossible to be unhappy. The stifling summer heat has given way to something that feels, almost disturbingly, like fall. It’s quiet, calm, and no matter the troubles that lurk underneath… right now anything seems possible. With the fog of humidity cleared from my brain, the world seems new.

I’m looking forward to a weekend that promises more of the same gorgeous sun, and plan to make a point to sit back and breathe it all in. How about you? Any big plans?

P.S. Anyone going to Alt SLC? I just bought my ticket yesterday and I’m still on a high — hoping to see some of you there!

P.P.S. I’m sharing my fall reading list over at Refinery29 today, go check it out and let me know if you have any other good recommendations, I always like to keep a few in waiting!

Eye this crazy-fantastic, eclectic Philly loft.

Buy this pretty two-sided shirt.

Make this great industrial diy garment rack.

Bake this mouth-watering spiced plum and honey cake.

Pip over at Meet Me at Mike’s shares some of the rituals and tools she’s used to get through writing 24,088 words of her book.

An interesting discussion on babies.

Smoke pot as a kid? You might be more likely to become an entrepreneur.

Potato chip cookies, because potato chips make everything better (srsly, sandwiches with potato chips tucked inside? yum…).

1. Posted August 16, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Horray for a gorgeous weekend–it’s finally warming up in SF and it’s completely changed my world view!

Posted August 16, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Isn’t that the best? It’s funny how much the weather can affect our moods.

2. Posted August 16, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Love that garment rack – people are so crafty! Have a great weekend!

3. Posted August 19, 2013 at 3:47 am | Permalink

Thank you for sharing my cake!

Posted August 21, 2013 at 10:49 am | Permalink

You’re so welcome! It looks amazing.

One Trackback

• By Scheduling Some Free Time on August 23, 2013 at 9:18 pm

[…] and do nothing. So, because right now our lives are just that busy – and even the weekends where we really meant to relax… we did anything but – we decided to schedule […]