A Thousand Miles // The Long and Winding Road

training for a marathon / a thousand threads
One-Mile Pace: 7:50
Long Run: No long run this week.
Weekly Mileage: 17 Miles

I’m still learning that marathon training is never the straight path I feel it’s supposed to be… life happens, and you have to adjust accordingly. But adjusting always drives me crazy. The little naysayers in my head take over and I start to worry that I won’t make it back.

Whether I like it or not, though, here I am. After a few busy weeks and a bit of a detour, I’m ready to get back on the road… and working to overcome the nagging feeling that I can’t.

Three weeks of no distance means that right now I’m running shorter distances more days and working back up to my regular weekly mileage. 17 this week, 20 next. Soon I’ll take the plunge back into a long run, and then it’s on to the finish.

I’m at a point in my training now where I need some smooth sailing, so here’s hoping that nothing else gets in the way.

If you ever find yourself in the same boat (we all do) here’s a great guide for how to get yourself back on track.

1. Posted August 20, 2013 at 4:13 am | Permalink

Hang in there! It will be smooth sailing before you know it~

Posted August 21, 2013 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Thanks lady!! I’m working on it… hoping to get there soon.

2. Posted August 20, 2013 at 9:38 am | Permalink

I can’t even imagine running 17 miles a week, so you’re way ahead of me there!

Posted August 21, 2013 at 10:48 am | Permalink

You could totally do it! Just a little at a time. :)

3. Posted August 27, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

This photo is amazing! As is 17 MILES!

Posted August 27, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Permalink