A Tree Grows in Harrisburg

leather jacket and jeans / a thousand threads
Sunday night, Mark and I drove up to Harrisburg to see Spirit Family Reunion and Black Prairie. Harrisburg isn’t far from where we live, but I’ve never been, so I was excited to have the chance to wander around the city a little before the show.

Of course, everything doesn’t always work out as planned. When we arrived early we realized pretty quick that the whole ‘wander around the city’ thing wasn’t going to happen. We were pretty far from downtown, with nothing much in sight but a brewery (our destination) a few vacant buildings, and one little tree on a roof.

(A tree on a roof?)

leather jacket and jeans / a thousand threadsleather jacket and jeans / a thousand threadsleather jacket and jeans / a thousand threadsleather jacket and jeans / a thousand threads
But it all worked out. We wandered around the area anyway, and the show was great — so was the brewery’s beer.

By the end of the night my feet were crumpling beneath me, but (as the story usually goes with shoes you love) it was totally worth it.

And I’m glad to have had the chance to see a little bit of Harrisburg — even if it was just a few vacant buildings and one scrappy little tree.

appalachian brewing company / a thousand threadsspirit family reunion / a thousand threadsblack prairie / a thousand threads
Jeans: GAP / Jacket: Madewell / Shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target

1. Posted August 22, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

These photos are fantastic!

Posted August 23, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

Thank you!! 🙂

2. Posted August 22, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

loving those heels!

The Casual Classic

Posted August 23, 2013 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Thanks Dana!!

3. Posted August 22, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I am totally in love with your jacket. I’ve been on the hunt for a new leather jacket. Hoping to find one when we are in London…

Posted August 23, 2013 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Thank you!! I’m so obsessed with it I think I could wear it every day. 🙂 I bet you’ll find an amazing one there!