Back to School Night

black pencil skirt / a thousand threads
I refuse to believe that the summer is almost over — how is it already time to go back to school?

The sun is still shining, the tomatoes are still growing…

But apparently the schools don’t care what I think, because Austin has been back in for a week (a week!) and last night we had the chance to meet his new second grade teacher, see his classroom (2nd grade!) and — because why not? — take a few pictures next to this very cool little barn…

black pencil skirt / a thousand threadsblack pencil skirt / a thousand threadsblack pencil skirt / a thousand threadsblack pencil skirt / a thousand threads
This is pretty much the standard work look for me (it’s possible I might even be wearing some variation of the pencil skirt/sort-of-like-a-t-shirt look right now).

Do you have a look you fall back on for the day-to-day?

Skirt: J. Crew / Shirt: J. Crew (similar) / Shoes: Ralph Lauren / Necklace: Need Supply Co. (similar) / Bag: Madewell (similar)

1. Posted August 27, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

In my book, school simply should not start until after Labor Day!

Love this look on you–I’m nearly always in jeans/full skirts and button downs, but my office setting is wonderfully casual!

Posted August 27, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

I agree!! And I’m so jealous, if I could have jeans Friday every day I totally would. 🙂

2. Posted August 27, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

love your bag! madewell has the best stuff. and I knowwww, I’ve been in school for two days, I still can’t believe it’s back to this for the next few months.

3. Posted August 28, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

This look is perfect for the office, and I can’t believe kiddies are back in school already!

Posted August 29, 2013 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Crazy, right?! Thanks Gloria!

4. Posted August 28, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

I can see someone does simple really well too 🙂

Posted August 29, 2013 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Thanks lady. 😉 I do love simple.