a house filled with flowers, clare elsaesser prints, a diy kitchen island, & cheater banana pudding
I’m not sure where to begin — my heart is so full of thanks for all of you. Thank you for your responses, for your feedback, for your love, your support, your friendship… for everything you’re able to give from so far away, behind the curtain that lies between us, but lets in so much light… thank you.

I’m having the best time reading through your responses, taking notes, making plans, finding a little more confidence in the direction I’m hoping to go, knowing you’re all by my side. I don’t mean to be so flowery, but hey, it’s a holiday Friday… I’m feeling pretty full of fluff.

Tell me. Are you going away for the big weekend? Maybe taking advantage of these last days of summer with a cookout? Whatever it is you’re up to, I hope it’s wonderful! Enjoy your holiday and I’ll see you back here on Tuesday.

P.S. If you haven’t had a chance to respond to yesterday’s survey, no problem at all! I’ll be keeping an eye on it over the next few weeks. We’re in this together. I want everyone who can to have a chance to weigh in.

Eye this pretty house filled with flowers.

Buy a Clare Elsaesser print (I want them all.)

Make your own faux butcher block island.

Bake this cheater banana pudding.

I don’t usually get so worked up over the tech-obsessed-culture stuff… but this short film made me sad.

Haven’t quite decided how I feel about the fact that this post kind of makes me like Selena Gomez.

This oh-so-pretty summerland inspiration shoot.

10 tips for styling the perfect bar cart.

This touching and sad story about making the very tough decision to call off your wedding.

Selfies at serious places.

1. Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

great post! I now want to make a butcher block island… and its always such encouragement to get feedback from readers – I totally get that! hope you have a great labor day!

The Casual Classic

Posted August 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Thank you Dana!! Hope you do too. Let me know if you try that island. 😉

2. Posted August 30, 2013 at 11:01 am | Permalink

i watched that cell phone video the other day and it made me want to not use my phone the rest of the day.

Posted August 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Haha I know, so sad right? Ugh… and I’m terrible with my phone. I’m on it all the time.

3. Posted August 30, 2013 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Horray for a holiday weekend and feeling a little fluffy–and also banana pudding and beautiful art and flowers and links!

Posted August 30, 2013 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

Thanks lady, have a great long weekend!! 😉

4. Posted September 2, 2013 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Wish I had rrom in my place for a bar cart! They remind me of Mad Men – how I wish I reminde myself of Joan! he he.

Posted September 3, 2013 at 8:59 am | Permalink

I love them too!! We actually have a pretty tiny bar — you never know, maybe you can squeeze one in!