The Little Things

a cute film from Garance, a parka with a leather hood, diy decor, and carrot cake
We’re off on a quick trip to New York this weekend to catch my parents during a three hour layover on their (very first ever) trip to Europe. When you live on opposite sides of the country, a few hours is more than enough to justify a little road trip. And besides, without us driving up, how would they ever get a pastrami sandwich and a piece of cheesecake to remind them of New York? They wouldn’t… they’d just have a sad airport dinner… in Newark.

Nobody wants that.

Any recommendations to pass along for their great big trip to Norway, the Netherlands, France, Italy… everywhere else (how jealous am I)? I’m so excited for them to experience everything that Europe has to offer, and desperate to go back myself!

Eye this adorable film from Garance — otherwise known as the cutest way to announce a haircut ever.

Buy this awesome parka with a leather hood — it’s all boots and coats on my wish list all of a sudden, hello fall.

Make this little concrete diamond (can someone make this for me? like now?).

Bake a carrot cake — one of my favorites, and this one is so pretty.

This was pretty much my dream as a kid.

A frustrating list, and an even more frustrating rebuttal.

A lesson I need.

Oooh Etsy pages

Wanting this for my office.

1. Posted September 20, 2013 at 9:37 am | Permalink

ahhh – I saw that concrete diamond yesterday and felt the same way. I want it immediately! great picks!

2. Posted September 20, 2013 at 10:12 am | Permalink

Oh man, can your parents take me along?! I can start packing right away 🙂 Have fun meeting up with them!

3. Posted September 20, 2013 at 10:40 am | Permalink

So jealous of your folks right now! How amazing is that, I’m so excited for their trip! LOL! And welcome to NYC, they’re so lucky to have you take them away from that sad, sad Newark area… Great links! I want to bake a carrot cake so badly – my favorite! Have a great weekend in NYC, Laicie!!

4. Posted September 20, 2013 at 11:39 am | Permalink

Oooo wishing your parents an amazing time in Europe!!!! Love your links, and I’m thinking I’ll have to make that carrot cake! 🙂

5. Posted September 20, 2013 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Oh, carrot cake! I’ve definitely had a little layover rendezvous with my parents–have a wonderful time!

6. Posted September 20, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

OH my word, your parents are having a dream trip!! How exciting…

7. Posted September 27, 2013 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Yes, yes, yes, yes! Love that parka!!
    xo TJ