Decorative Gourd Season

a stockholm apartment, a rabbit hook, a diy pressed flower tray, and ginger pear hand pies
This weekend I’m looking forward to canning with Kinfolk, baking an exceedingly large number of apples, and maybe even squeezing in a crisp autumn hike with a gallon of cider and rum. Who knows, I might even throw on a flannel shirt, some tattered overalls, and a floppy fucking hat and stand in the middle of a cornfield for a few days. (This is still just so brilliant.)

I’m sorry, but when you live somewhere that scorches the hell out of you in the summer, freezes your face off in the winter, and stuffs your nose in the spring, it’s painful, but you have to come to accept it at some point. Fall is all you have.

So go ahead, pull out your sweater, wrap your face in a scarf and go gorge on some sweet, shameful pumpkin spice… you know you want to just as much as me.

Now quick — tell me about your fall plans!

P.S. I’m sharing my favorite fall cocktail over on the Birchbox blog today. Maybe you should have one or five. Then I can guarantee you’ll fall for fall.

Eye this gorgeous Stockholm apartment.

Buy this awesome rabbit wall hook.

Make this brilliant diy pressed flower tray.

Bake these adorable ginger pear hand pies.

A mug to celebrate the season. (Decorative gourd season, that is.)

Louis C.K. is brilliant.

What makes good writing?

The moment that changes your life.

Chipotle might be bragging a little too much.

I’m guessing you might have already seen this, but just in case.

1. Posted September 27, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

My GOD do I miss fall–even though SF is doing its best this year!

2. Posted September 27, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Great round-up, Laicie! I don’t know if you know this but I’m a huge animal lover – especially bunnies (I have 2 of my own) and I have wanted that bunny wall hook for the LONGEST time! Also, I’m reading that Chipotle link just as I’m about the step out for a Chipotle veggie bowl. Agghh! Why must I crave it so bad?! LOL

Posted September 30, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Haha it’s okay I don’t think it’s stopping me from going either. And that hook was made for you! It’s so perfect!

3. Posted September 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Love fall! It is the perfect season. I am excited for Homecoming and going apple picking. Carving pumpkins, and making everything pumpkin! Also pies lots and lots of pies.

Posted September 30, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Oh me too!! Especially the pies. 🙂

4. Posted September 29, 2013 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

I love those pies! So cute and creative. I also think its so awesome that you’re attending one of Kinfolk’s workshops. I’ve always wanted to get my hands on one of their magazines. For me, this fall has already had a day full of apple picking and hopefully soon a visit to the pumpkin patch!

Posted September 30, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Aren’t they adorable? I’m so inspired to go out and find a ton of cute cookie cutters for hand pies. And the event was so lovely — if you have the chance to attend one of Kinfolk’s events, definitely do! 🙂 Maybe they’ll come your way soon.