Bangs or No Bangs

bangs or no bangs / a thousand threads
I do this every time… I get seduced by the perfect bangs that others (ahem… Alexa) are somehow able to pull off and I think hey, maybe I can do it too! I’ve already got the side bangs…

Misguided thoughts? What do we think? Should I go for it?

Bangs or no bangs.

Image via.

1. Posted October 3, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

I am so in need of bangs. I’m just a fivehead needing to fix her face right now lol I think it’s cool enough for me to get away with it.

Posted October 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

Oh stop! You’re gorgeous. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Posted October 3, 2013 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

I say go for it! I think you’d look adorable!

Posted October 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

Oh my gosh I was all in — like, let’s do it tomorrow! And my hairdresser is on vacation… boo hoo. But at least the date is set… it’s happening. Next Thursday. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Posted October 3, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Oh bangsโ€“three years later and I’m still growing you out. I LOVED mine (John called them my power bangs) but they’re a big commitment.

4. Posted October 3, 2013 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

Bangs are so tricky. The last time went to my stylist who usually does a good job I wanted long wide bangs angled down. But she cut them straight across. I had said I had wanted my style to be a little different this time and I did not want these whispy angled pieces she usually cuts around my chin. I have a long chin and this just draws attention to it. Well I think she got a little pissed b/c when she but cut them straight across she said “now they match” hmm what does the whispy pieces of hair by my chin have to do with the bangs?

I would say go for it but do your homework. A lot of stylists do not do a good job with bangs.

Ali of Dressing Ken

5. Posted October 3, 2013 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Oh, I totally have the side bangs but I can never pull off the real bangs. I say TRY IT!! I tried it and realized it’s not for me – won’t do it again ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh, and definitely find a good stylist!

ALSO I have to say THANK YOU so much for your sweet comment on my blog, Laicie!! Really, it MADE MY DAY.. my week… YEAR! Seriously ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Posted October 3, 2013 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

Yes! So happy you’re going to go for it. I cut all mine off a week ago after seeing the video you posted of Garance and I only wish I had done it sooner. Good luck!

7. Posted October 4, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

DO IT. If you hate it, they grow out fast! ๐Ÿ˜€

8. Posted October 4, 2013 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

You gotta try it – it’ll be fun!!

9. Posted October 6, 2013 at 3:58 am | Permalink

I think you’d look so adorable with bangs! They’re sort of a mistake for me, on the other hand. Only two days ago, I gave myself one of the best cuts ever (I cut on my own all the time), but decided the next day that I should do just a PINCH of long bangs for framing. Turns out I grabbed a chunk too large, and then of course I had to fix the entire thing and cut off another 3 inches. Gah.

You, though. YOU are the perfect candidate for bangs. ๐Ÿ™‚