Fall is here

orange hat & jeans / a thousand threadsorange hat & jeans / a thousand threads
The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting colder, and most evenings you can find me huddled in a corner of the couch, hiding under a pile of blankets to hold in the warmth.

… I might be the only one, it’s okay. You can call me a wimp. The only one who agrees with me in our house is the dog.

In any case, I’ve officially pulled out the hats.

… you can’t see it, but a certain down-filled coat might’ve also made its first appearance that day.

Too soon?

orange hat & jeans / a thousand threadsorange hat & jeans / a thousand threadsorange hat & jeans / a thousand threadsorange hat & jeans / a thousand threads
Jeans: Levis Denizen, Gifted / Shirt: Everlane / Hat: H&M / Boots: Plenty by Tracy Reese / Necklace: Emerson Fry / Bracelet: Need Supply Co.

1. Posted October 23, 2013 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Eeek i’m so excited for you!!
    Fall came and gone over here.. can’t wait for its comeback!
    Love how effortless chic your outfit looks.. so cozy!

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:27 am | Permalink

Thank you!! I’m so happy it’s here. I just wish it would stay around this temp all winter! 😉

2. Posted October 23, 2013 at 11:48 am | Permalink

You are too cute. And I’m definitely huddled under blankets these days, even if it is only getting to 60 degrees at night here in California. Can’t wait for the days to get even shorter, when I can wear my coats and jackets all day long!

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:27 am | Permalink

Haha that’s totally me. 🙂 I start to get cold around 60, but I wish it would stay closer to that. I love my coats, but around here they never seem to be enough!

3. Posted October 23, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

I knew it was here when I pulled out the plaid flannel pjs…

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:25 am | Permalink

YES. LOVE. 🙂

4. Posted October 23, 2013 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

never too soon to pull out the coats, I’m the kind of girl that wishes summer would stay forever, so I’m already shivering right now. bangs look so cute on you!

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Me TOO! Thank you! 😉

5. Posted October 23, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

you have such unique style -its great! loving that hat too.

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Aww thank you!!

6. Posted October 23, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Cutie!!! Loving that mustard hat, girl – you are rockin’ it! Today I thought I needed to bring out my puffy coat too! It’s in the low 50’s here in NYC and tonight it says it should be 39 degrees. whaaaahh!

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:24 am | Permalink

I know, it’s so cold!! What happened all of a sudden?! Thanks lady! 😉

7. Posted October 23, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

You look wonderful! Loving that cut and color denim on you. I’m so glad the temperatures are dropping. I can’t wait to break out the layers.

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Thank you!! I love the layers, but I’m not such a fan of the cold haha… I wish I was!

8. Posted October 23, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

love your outfit posts! you look great!

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Aww thank you!! They always make me so nervous haha. 🙂

9. Posted October 23, 2013 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

Adore this outfit! It has been crazy cold here in Portland, but strangely the sun is still shining. Usually it is super rainy by this time of month. Soaking it in while it lasts…

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Oh October in Oregon! Every single Halloween as a kid it rained… but now I miss the rain. It’s freezing and sunny here all winter and it drives me crazy haha — it’s so deceiving. 😉

10. Posted October 24, 2013 at 8:58 am | Permalink

perfect outfit – casual and effortlessly chic. Those jeans fit so well – I think I need a pair.

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Thank you! And they really do!! Plus, you can’t beat the price.

11. Posted October 24, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Love this whole look – that pop of bright orange is just perfect!

Posted October 25, 2013 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Thanks lady 😉 My favorite color!