Is it too soon to say Merry Christmas?

a beautiful home, a great cheap bag, diy gold clipboards, and chocolate panna cotta
Because I’m totally ready. Garlands, snowflakes, pine-scented everything… bring it on. I’m officially excited.

But I guess maybe we’ll stick with the gourds and the grains for a little bit longer… I’m excited for Thanksgiving too. Especially since this year we’re headed to New York to watch the big parade. It’s something Mark did as a kid, and it’s always been a really special memory. So this year we’re taking Austin, and hoping we can create something just as special for him.

But enough about the future, let’s talk about the now — how was your Halloween?!Ā It rained on us, but we ran around in it anyway and Austin brought back quite a haul.Ā I think the birthday boy had a pretty great time too.

Eye this beautiful little home.

Buy this great cheap bag.

Make these DIY gold and acrylic clipboards.

Bake this creamy chocolate panna cotta with blackberry caramel.

A rant that all bloggers should read. And a great reaction they (we) should too.

I think I need to make this.

William Faulkner’s little-known drawings.

These awesome ladies.

Remember how I said I love apple desserts?

P.S. Thank you Refinery29 for featuring my Pinterest today, and with such amazing company!

1. Posted November 1, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Gold and acrylic clipboards and chocolate panna cotta? I’m already feeling better about November!

Posted November 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

It’s the best! šŸ™‚

2. Posted November 1, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

It’s never to early for Christmas, Laicie šŸ˜‰
    Oh I’ve had that gold clipboard pinned and I definitely want to make it!

Happy November!

Posted November 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Me too! Happy November, lady! šŸ™‚

3. Posted November 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Halloween was great for Batman and I! AH, I am beyond jealous of your Thanksgiving in New York. I’m looking forward to the holidays too. I don’t know why, but I feel like they are all going to be extra special this year…

Posted November 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

I feel the same way! I can’t wait. šŸ™‚ Glad you had a good Halloween!

4. Posted November 1, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

That home is absolutely beautiful! I’m obsessed with that rolling coffee table. And those DIY gold and acrylic clipboards are the perfect touch šŸ™‚
    xo TJ

5. Posted November 1, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

What a cute home! Love all the little colorful but subtle details šŸ™‚ The Halloween poetry slam was amazing, I hope its message keeps spreading! That rant is also amazing, and I plan on sharing it with all my blog friends.

And oh boy, that apple crumb cake sounds delightful. Pinning! šŸ˜‰

6. Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:42 am | Permalink

The girls in that video are AMAZING. I’ve seen so many great slam poet videos lately that I think they just might be inspiring a blog post today.

Posted November 6, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Aren’t they great!? Ooh and I’m reading your post right now! I love it!