District Flea

district flea / a thousand threadsdistrict flea / a thousand threads
The best news I’ve heard in a while? That the folks behind Brooklyn Flea would be setting up shop in DC for the fall (and if things go well, and it looks like they are… again in the spring) for District Flea.

The Flea is one of my favorite things to do on a trip to New York. Every time we go, we come home with something great for the house. And District Flea was no exception. We’re on the hunt for some fun pieces for a new gallery wall behind the couch, and we found just what we were looking for.

(Now if only we could do that about 14 more times… putting together enough for a gallery wall is hard!)

district flea / a thousand threadsdistrict flea / a thousand threadsdistrict flea / a thousand threadsdistrict flea / a thousand threadsdistrict flea / a thousand threadsdistrict flea / a thousand threadsdistrict flea / a thousand threads
District Flea runs every Saturday from now ’til November 30 (perfect for holiday shopping) at 945 Florida Ave NW, near Howard University — and it’s definitely worth the trip, especially if you’ve never been to either of the Fleas.

1. Posted November 4, 2013 at 9:31 am | Permalink

Oh man, wish we had something similar here! i would be there like all day long!
    Happy shopping! 🙂

2. Posted November 4, 2013 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Oh we don’t have anything like this! I can only imagine all the treasures! Hope you found lots of goodies, Laicie!

Happy Monday!

3. Posted November 4, 2013 at 9:59 am | Permalink

I love the Flea!! So happy to hear they’re expanding to other cities!

4. Posted November 4, 2013 at 10:26 am | Permalink

I’ve never been to a flea market before! This all looks like so much fun with such pretty little things! Love those cards you are holding in the first shot 🙂
    xo TJ

5. Posted November 4, 2013 at 11:00 am | Permalink

I’ve been dying to go! My roommate told me about it a few weeks ago and I’ve yet to make it up there. Perhaps this weekend will finally be the perfect time to go. I love these pictures!

6. Posted November 4, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

I wish this was in Chicago! It looks like there were some gems.

7. Posted November 4, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

What fun! I keep meaning to make it to the Alameda flea!

8. Posted November 4, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Flea markets are always my favorite! We have a great one here in Ventura, but they only put it on four times a year. I would go every weekend if I could…

9. Posted November 5, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Oh, I’m so happy to hear Brooklyn Flea is coming to you guys! I love it! So many good finds – those polaroid cameras and that vintage typewriter are my faves! I bet you found some really amazing things!!

10. Posted November 5, 2013 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

AAAHH!!!! I had no idea they were here and now I’m literally dying to head over. This is the most exciting news ever.

Posted November 6, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

You have to go!! It’s so good!!

11. Posted November 6, 2013 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Oh wow I didn’t know this my friends work the flea and have booths there. How exciting!

Allie of Dressing Ken