Brands that give back // Warby Parker

brands that give back / warby parker / a thousand threads
When Warby Parker reached out recently to let us know they were planning a trip to DC, I knew we’d have to stop by. Mark and I have been big fans of the brand for a long time, partly because their product is just so darn great… but also largely because a big part of their business model involves giving back.

For every pair of glasses sold, one is donated to someone in need. And this year, they hit a big milestone — half a million pairs.

That’s a whole lot of help for those in need.

brands that give back / warby parker / a thousand threadsbrands that give back / warby parker / a thousand threads
Particularly since, according to Warby Parker’s site, 90 percent of the world’s visually impaired live in developing countries. And just one little pair of glasses can go a long way. Statistically, glasses can increase one’s productivity by 35 percent (no surprise there… how productive do you think you’d be if you couldn’t see!) and their monthly income by 20 percent!

brands that give back / warby parker / a thousand threads
We had a ton of fun at the bus, trying on glasses and maybe even finding a new pair for Mark — he’s way overdue!

And of course, playing at the photo booth.

Thanks again to Warby Parker for extending the invitation!

… it even gave us a good excuse to gorge on the best milkshakes in the city just a few blocks away.

1. Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:57 am | Permalink

I love that they had a Warby Parker bus! I’ve been telling everyone that I need a new pair of glasses for my prescriptions and I think I’m leaning towards a WP, plus, I love companies that do good!!

2. Posted November 7, 2013 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Those truly are the BEST milkshakes. My fave: marshmallow.

Posted November 8, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

OMG Sara — I’m already obsessed with all things marshmallow, so that shake might just be the best thing I’ve ever had.

3. Posted November 7, 2013 at 11:28 am | Permalink

That is so cool of them. I knew I liked them for a reason (other than the gorgeous styles, of course!)

4. Posted November 7, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

They are such a good brand.
    i’m so in love with their work

5. Posted November 7, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Adore the bus! They are such a fantastic company. Glad you guys had a lovely time!

6. Posted November 7, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

What a fun event! I heart Warby Parker 🙂 Mark should totally get the pair in the first photo – they look great on him!

7. Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

How fun!!! I’ve heard such wonderful things of WP. I love how they give back! Such good work!

One Trackback