How to wear wedge sneakers

how to wear wedge sneakers / a thousand threads
First of all, thank you for all of your well wishes these past few days! We had an amazing anniversary and I think my test went well. So far I know my scores for math and verbal. Verbal went well… and as for the math, let’s just say I’m never going to be a whiz with the numbers… but I’m okay with the results. I’m still waiting on the writing, though… and as a political science major, that’s the big one. So keep your fingers crossed! I’ll be working on my crazy-intense applications while I wait.

Our anniversary, on the other hand, was pretty close to perfect, with a relaxing day and a nice dinner at our favorite restaurant. Plus freezer-burned (as my mom, who is flabbergasted as to how and why we would ever eat year-old cake) cake and a 17-year-old bottle of wine that was Mark’s first fancy bottle he ever bought, all the way back in college. The night called for something special, and I think we can safely say we did it right. I really am not sure how I ended up so lucky, but I’m grateful every day for that guy of mine who makes my life a better place.

But enough of all that, let’s talk about shoes!

What do we think of the wedge sneakers?

I’ll be honest, they’re a trend I’ve taken some time to warm up to… but I find myself loving them more and more. Especially the really retro pairs. I mean really, I love myself a good sneaker. And any excuse to add a little height to this 5’2″ monster-tall frame is more than welcome.

I’m starting to wonder why it took me this long…

how to wear wedge sneakers / a thousand threadshow to wear wedge sneakers / a thousand threadshow to wear wedge sneakers / a thousand threadshow to wear wedge sneakers / a thousand threadshow to wear wedge sneakers / a thousand threadshow to wear wedge sneakers / a thousand threadshow to wear wedge sneakers / a thousand threads
Look 1 // Plaid Shirt: Forever 21, Similar / Black Jeans: Madewell, Similar / Purse: Kate Spade, Similar / Shoes: DKNY (Gifted)

Look 2 // Shirt: Everlane / Jeans: GAP / Scarf: Peruvian Connection (Gifted) / Sweater: J. Crew, Similar /Β Shoes: DKNY (Gifted)

Look 3 // Dress: StyleMint, Similar / Leather Jacket: Madewell / Earrings: Kate Spade, Similar / Tights: Hue /Β Shoes: DKNY (Gifted)

1. Posted November 13, 2013 at 9:33 am | Permalink

They look so comfy, and you girl, simply rock that look!

Posted November 14, 2013 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Thanks lady!! πŸ™‚

2. Posted November 13, 2013 at 9:37 am | Permalink

You are seriously too cute girl! I wasn’t sure how I felt about the wedge sneakers, but you may have me change my mind! You are rockin’ this look! My favorite look is with the white tee πŸ˜‰
    xo TJ

Posted November 14, 2013 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Thanks TJ!! I was pretty skeptical too, but I’m definitely warming up to them… especially with jeans. Casual but kind of not… it’s fun. πŸ™‚

3. Posted November 13, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Yup, you look seriously amazing with these shoes! All these outfits match with those red ones! So great! And what a wonderful anniversary it seemed…I’m curious though…year old cake?!? lol πŸ™‚

Posted November 14, 2013 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Haha totally!! I have no idea how or why the tradition started, but you’re supposed to save a little bit of your wedding cake and eat it on your first anniversary for good luck… and ours honestly held up okay (I was more than a little scared). πŸ˜‰

4. Posted November 13, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

love it – super cute. the pop of red is perfect.

Posted November 14, 2013 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Thanks lady!!

5. Posted November 13, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

I’m currently jealous of your 5’2″ height that allows you to wear wedges without towering over people! I’m 5’10” and it makes wearing causal wedges very, very difficult!!

Posted November 14, 2013 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Ahh yes but I could never look as good in flats as I’m sure you do — and they’re so much more comfortable!!

Would you believe me if I told you that my sister is 5’10”? I don’t know what happened with me, I missed out on the model genes. πŸ˜‰

6. Posted November 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

love the wedge sneaker on you! i finally dabbled in my first pair and i have to say I think i am a big fan.

Posted November 14, 2013 at 9:05 am | Permalink

Thanks lady! They’re pretty fun… definitely growing on me too. πŸ™‚

7. Posted November 13, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

The sneakers look adorable on you! I’m the same height as Emma Lou and sometimes wearing wedges makes us tall lades intimidating. However, if I looked as awesome as you did in them, I would care less. So glad you had a lovely anniversary!

Posted November 14, 2013 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Tall shoes are nice, but having the height of a model isn’t so bad either. πŸ˜‰ I’m totally jealous of the fact that tall girls can rock flats so much better than I ever could!

8. Posted November 13, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

those shoes look so good on you! and I love your lip color as well πŸ™‚ had no idea you were 5’2″, I’m only 5 flat!

Posted November 14, 2013 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Yay short girls unite!! … that’s the beauty of the internet, I feel like Tom Cruise. Everyone is surprised when they meet me and I’m so short.

9. Posted November 13, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Surprisingly, my husband wants me to get a pair of these! I am not 100% sold on them. I think they look awesome on other people just not me. Maybe one day I’ll change my mind. You look great in them! I love the pop of red!

Posted November 14, 2013 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Hey you never know! I love that your husband is into them haha. πŸ™‚ Mine is mostly confused as to why anyone would ever put a heel on such an otherwise comfortable shoe.