Six Great DIY Advent Calendars

diy advent calendars / a thousand threads
It’s almost time to count down! Do you do an advent calendar? I have to admit, I always mean to… but it’s rare that I do. Maybe this will be the year!

1 // I’ve had this brilliantly easy advent calendar bookmarked for what seems like forever.
2 // This handwritten-letter-a-day advent is a fun twist.
3 // These little boxes are easy with free printables.
4 // Who doesn’t want to count down with cute little trees?
5 // Essential arts and crafts — bring your toilet paper rolls.
6 // Everything about this geometric diy advent calendar is pretty.

1. Posted November 25, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

I’ve never done an advent calendar but I always mean to as well. Love these picks!

Posted November 25, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Thanks lady! I always did them as a kid and loved them like crazy, have to get back to it.

2. Posted November 25, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

These are really cute ideas, Laicie! Thank you for sharing! I’ve been wanting to do an advent calendar this year!

3. Posted November 25, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I love advent calendars because Christmas is my favorite holiday and I love counting down to it! I’ve done a DIY one in the past- I’m not sure what I’ll do for this year!

4. Posted November 25, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Oh the one out of toilet paper rolls is so cute! I’m obsessed! I did these as a kid but I’m not sure how much fun they would be for just me and my roommate to do!

5. Posted November 25, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Thank you for sharing those lovely ideas! i’m going to make one this year, for the first time again ha!

6. Posted November 30, 2013 at 1:56 am | Permalink

It’s been on my to do list also and finally got it done! The best part is once you make it you can re-use it for years to come 🙂

Posted December 2, 2013 at 11:27 am | Permalink

So cute!! And you’re right, I really have to get one done one of these days.

Glad you stopped by! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving. 🙂