Christmas tree, Christmas tree. Where can you be?

our christmas tree / a thousand threadsour christmas tree / a thousand threads
On Saturday we packed up the car and drove to the Christmas tree farm to hunt for a tree — hands down my favorite Christmas activity, since as a kid we always hit a lot.

(Clearly. Can you feel the excitement up there?)

And even though we were just a tiny bit early for the snow (now the ground is covered!) I think we might’ve just found our best tree yet…

our christmas tree / a thousand threadsour christmas tree / a thousand threads
… that hill is so much bigger than it looks.

I swear.

our christmas tree / a thousand threadsour christmas tree / a thousand threads

1. Posted December 9, 2013 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Looks like so much fun! I’ve never done this.

2. Posted December 9, 2013 at 10:12 am | Permalink

I’ve never done the whole chop-your-own-tree thing, but it looks like so much fun!! Someday…

3. Posted December 9, 2013 at 11:13 am | Permalink

what adorable family photos! picking the perfect Christmas tree is such a fun family tradition, I just love it. I really like the photo of the tree being pulled away, it’s a great shot.

4. Posted December 9, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

What a gorgeous tree–and a perfect afternoon together!

5. Posted December 9, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

I have always wanted to do that! And, no that hill looks big.

6. Posted December 9, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Yay! Which farm did you go to? I LOVE Butler’s Orchard!

Posted December 9, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

Aww I love Butler’s Orchard too!! We always go to the Gaver Tree Farm, Mark’s been going since he was little. 🙂

7. Posted December 10, 2013 at 6:49 am | Permalink

I love this Christmas activity too. We haven’t done it for a few years due to living in an apartment but as soon as we have a house, I’ll definitely be re-introducing this Christmas tradition 🙂 xx

8. Posted December 10, 2013 at 9:39 am | Permalink

awww…picking out an actual pine tree sounds like so much fun! we don’t grow that here in our country!

9. Posted December 11, 2013 at 11:07 am | Permalink

I’m so sad Eric and I won’t be able to find our own Christmas tree this holiday season since we’ll be traveling. I’m living vicariously through these pictures! You are adorable 🙂
    xo TJ

10. Posted December 20, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

we ‘hunted’ out tree this year as well. It is also my FAVORITE holiday thing to do, I laughed sooo much. Here’s our tree hunt: http://www.adasinteriordesign.com/chopped_xmastree/