Simple DIY Christmas Wreath

diy christmas wreath / a thousand threadsOkay so we’ve taken to calling it our Charlie Brown Christmas wreath.

It’s simple, but it’s charming… and I joke, since Mark always prefers a nice scrappy little Charlie Brown tree to a big healthy one anyway. So this guy is perfect.

The good news though is that since it’s super simple, it’s also super easy to make…

diy christmas wreath / a thousand threadsdiy christmas wreath / a thousand threads
Simple DIY Christmas Wreath

What you’ll need:

3/4″ manilla rope
Inconspicuous wire
Pre-wired pine rope
Green jute or other strong twine

All I did to put this wreath together was loop pre-wired pine rope around about three times to create a bushy circle (choose a length depending on the size of wreath you want).

Then I tied it at the top with a bit of green jute, and wired in any wily pieces that insisted on sticking out in funny directions. (Then left a few out for charm). The trick here is just to keep all of your tools as inconspicuous as possible.

Last, I used around 4′ of manila rope to create a simple option for hanging. I just folded the rope in half, wrapped the folded rope around the wreath, and pulled the end through the loop.

And there you have it! That is the full extent of my very impressive diy abilities ha.

… and darnit I’m kind of proud.

1. Posted December 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

You make it look so easy!

2. Posted December 11, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Hahaha I love Charlie Brown trees, so of course I find this wreath adorable!

3. Posted December 11, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

What a sweet, stylish wreath! We’ve got a goofy little tree this year that I adore, and I can’t think of a more perfect friend for him than this wreath!

4. Posted December 11, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

so simple and sophisticated!!

5. Posted December 11, 2013 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

Simple and absolutely LOVELY!!

6. Posted December 12, 2013 at 9:57 am | Permalink

I love it! Personally simple christmas decor is always the best. I love how elegant and effortless it looks all on it’s own.

Posted December 12, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Me too! I always tend to go for the simple look. 🙂

7. Posted December 12, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

It’s adorable and oh-so-charming! I’m going to try my hand at making a wreath this weekend. Wish me luck!

Posted December 12, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Aww I have no doubt that it will be amazing! No luck necessary. 😉 Thanks lady!

8. Wesley Rushing