What are you reading?

what are you reading / a thousand threads
One of my goals this year is to read more — and lucky for me, I have a few plane rides coming up. Hopefully I can squeeze a little extra in.

So tell me, what are you reading and what have you read recently that blew your mind. I’d love to have your recommendations!

Photo via.

1. Posted January 14, 2014 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

I just finished The Circle by Dave Eggers. Pretty unsettling, but I liked it. I loved The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay–couldn’t put it down!

2. Posted January 14, 2014 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

I read Fangirl recently, and it was kind of wonderful 🙂 Other than that, I just read a lot of fluff. Keeps me busy! Let me know if you like sweet love stories, and I might have a few recommendations!

3. Posted January 14, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Right now I’m reading The Desire Map and Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking. In the “to read” pile is A Year Without Pants and a handful of Seth Godin books. I’ve been on a more non-fiction book kick lately but I did enjoy reading Ender’s Game before the movie came out last year.

4. Posted January 14, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

I recently finished Gone Girl, The Astronaut Wives Club, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and now I’m reading Nancy Milford’s biography of Zelda Fitzgerald–I’ve loved them all!

5. Posted January 14, 2014 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

I just finished Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore and I loved it!

6. Posted January 14, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Yes! I need more book options too. Just read The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I loved it!!
    xo TJ

7. Posted January 14, 2014 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Some very recent favorites have been Attachments (Another Rainbow Rowell – Fangirl and Eleanor & Park were both wonderful too), Ready Player One, Me Before You, The Universe Versus Alex Woods, and Wonder.

The Yellow Birds is stunning as well.

8. Posted January 14, 2014 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Oh! I love reading! I’m actually doing a monthly read along on my blog if you want to check it out! http://www.oomphlove.blogspot.ca

9. Posted January 14, 2014 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

I just finished Gone Girl and Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. Hoping to get a book review on Sharp Objects up on the blog this week!

10. Posted January 14, 2014 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

I recently purchased “The fault in our stars” by John Green. It’s supposed to be really sad, but I can’t wait to get into it!! Good luck with your reading list and resolution! There are SO many good books out there!

11. Posted January 14, 2014 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

A few ideas if you haven’t already read these: Eleanor & Park, The Fault in Our Stars, The Shadow of the Wind, and The Girl You Left Behind! I wrote about a few of these on my blog recently if you’re looking for a little more detail! 🙂

12. Posted January 14, 2014 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, Night Film by Marisha Pessl, The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher, Left Drowning by Jessica Park

13. Posted January 15, 2014 at 5:47 am | Permalink

Same here! I have to commit more 🙂

14. Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:46 am | Permalink

I am currently reading Top of the Morning– it’s all the behind the scenes drama from morning tv shows. I am a little over halfway through and I am loving it… but I am a nerd and love morning tv.

15. Megan A.
    Posted January 15, 2014 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

I just finished The Dinner by Herman Koch. Very twisted and intriguing, and great fun read! I’m now starting and so excited (and a littler nervous) about Stephen King’s Doctor Sleep. It’s a continuation of The Shining!

16. Posted January 15, 2014 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Right now I’m reading The Interestings. I can’t decide if I love or hate it. There’s something about it that keeps drawing me in and entangling me, but something that won’t quite let it settle in.

17. Posted January 20, 2014 at 11:34 am | Permalink

You have to read: The Interestings, The Language of Flowers, The Fault in Our Stars, Where’d You Go, Bernadette?, Sisterland… I had a good reading year in 2013. Gearing up for another one this year!