52 dates // 3

52 dates // a thousand threads
The date // A picnic in bed! We’ve had a busy couple of weeks.
The food // Tuna sammiches
The drink // Session lager

This weekend was sort of the weekend of mini-dates. Mark and I are both traveling a ton this month, so the few days we’ve had in between trips have been extra special.

We’ve used the limited time as all the more reason to go out just a little bit more and stress the things we have to get done just a little bit less. So this weekend we had brunch at the Papermoon, drinks and appetizers at The Wine Kitchen, and last but far from least… our own little picnic in bed.

52 dates // a thousand threads
After a fairly busy Saturday of eating, drinking, and a few fun appointments and errands, we were ready for a little time at home. Mark made us tuna sandwiches with onion and pickles on fresh farmhouse bread, and we snacked on colorful chips and dills with a little bit of Session on the side…

We spent the rest of our Sunday relaxing, watching movies, and just generally enjoying each others’ company before the next trip.

52 dates // a thousand threads

1. Posted January 20, 2014 at 10:39 am | Permalink

You guys!!! This is just really adorable.

2. Posted January 20, 2014 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Seriously?! Have I mentioned just how amazing and cute you guys are!!?? Love it, I’m taking notes and pointers from you guys for my future husband, Laicie!! lol 🙂

3. Posted January 20, 2014 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

I love the idea of doing a little picnic. My guy and I have been crazy busy wedding planning (eek!!!! so exciting!) And we haven’t had much sit together time, doing a little picnic is such a great idea!

4. Posted January 20, 2014 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

I’d forgotten how much I miss Papermoon–what a wonderful weekend of dates!

5. Posted January 20, 2014 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

SO cute! This is definitely my next date for sure.

6. Posted January 21, 2014 at 10:48 am | Permalink

Nothing beats munching on sandwiches in bed 🙂 Also we have those same plaid sheets!

7. Posted January 22, 2014 at 10:43 am | Permalink

Okay, I’m loving that you guys are doing a weekly date series!! How cute is that?! Sometimes lounging in bed is the best way to spend the time together. Add some good food, and it’s basically heaven haha! Also–your home is so cute.

Posted January 22, 2014 at 5:08 pm | Permalink