So what about the Alt Summit goals?

alt summit goals // a thousand threads
// Engage more on social media.
And get on Google+. It’s one more account to think about, but I’m hoping to streamline some of my social media work by scheduling more posts and zoning out a little less. (Pinterest and Twitter can drag me in and consume me for hours if I let them.)

// Collaborate more.
I’d love to work on more collaborations with other creatives this year, and plan to get up the guts (one of these days) to reach out to some of the people I admire most.

// Submit more content to other blogs and publications.
If you want to get your work out there, you have to be proactive. I know I need to be more proactive.

// Look less, do more.
Like I said, Pinterest and Twitter can pull me in for hours if I let them. If I want to maximize the time I have, I have to minimize the time I let that happen.

// Schedule more, waste less time.
I’ll share my schedule as soon as I know I have it down, but I’m experimenting with scheduling a time for social media and email, and generally avoiding them the rest of the time. That leaves the open space available for work. Nothing else. And I’m telling you, I just started doing this yesterday and it’s already blowing my mind.

What are some of your blogging and business goals this year? Do we have any of the same?

1. Posted February 5, 2014 at 11:30 am | Permalink

I’m loving these take-aways you got from Alt!! I could totally take a pointer from the “look less, do more” – Pinterest esp can drain hours from my day!!! Submit more content to other blogs and publications? I haven’t done that yet, but maybe I should start now! Thanks for all of these, Laicie! I’m glad you had a great time!

Posted February 6, 2014 at 8:41 am | Permalink

You should!! Your work is so amazing, I’m sure you’ll have no problem at all getting it picked up. :)

2. Posted February 5, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

These are great! Thanks for sharing.

3. Posted February 5, 2014 at 11:22 pm | Permalink

Google Plus just confuses me. I know that it would be helpful for me, but I guess I need to sit down and figure out how.

Posted February 6, 2014 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Haha me too!! I’m getting there though… slowly. ;)

4. Posted February 6, 2014 at 5:16 am | Permalink

Oooh. I’d love to collaborate with you!

Posted February 6, 2014 at 8:39 am | Permalink

Let’s talk, lady! I’d love that too!!

5. Posted February 6, 2014 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Those sound like really great goals! I didn’t get to go to Alt Summit, but it sounds like it was super inspiring. I have a similar goal of getting up the courage to put myself out there more and connect with other bloggers. Good luck to you! xoxo

6. Posted February 6, 2014 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

I really, really love these. I didn’t get to go to Alt this year, but I’m definitely on board with almost all of these! I was actually thinking of how I can contribute/collaborate more, and I’m reluctantly starting to realize how important Google+ really is…

7. Posted February 11, 2014 at 2:05 am | Permalink

Collaborate more = Sign me up :)

Posted February 12, 2014 at 9:01 am | Permalink

Yes!!! Audrey we have to!