The last gasps of winter

the last gasps of winter // a thousand threads
God willing, this will be the last time you see me in such a heavy coat and scarf this year. The snow has almost melted and we’re just going to go ahead and ignore tomorrow’s forecast for 30 degrees, because today things are looking up.

It’s just a matter of time before we’re all in our bathing suits by the pool.

Which reminds me, now that vacation is over, I should probably start eating something other than bacon pralines, beignets, and creamy grits…

Do you do anything to spring clean your diet, or do you laugh in the face of that two piece that’s on its way? (Actually if you do I don’t want to hear it. Tell me your tips!)

the last gasps of winter // a thousand threadsthe last gasps of winter // a thousand threadsthe last gasps of winter // a thousand threadsthe last gasps of winter // a thousand threadsthe last gasps of winter // a thousand threads
Jeans: J. Crew / Hat: Vintage / Coat: Mantello / Scarf: Abercrombie & Fitch / Shoes: Anne Klein / Gloves: Red Envelope (gifted)

1. Posted March 11, 2014 at 8:17 am | Permalink

That hat is amazing. AMAZING.
    I’ve been trying to eat pretty clean in anticipation of spring, but a visit from my family last weekend resulted in eating all the foods. All of them.

2. Laicie
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Haha I know the feeling! ;) Thanks lady!

3. Posted March 11, 2014 at 9:20 am | Permalink

I’m so excited the temperatures are starting to creep up a little! Smell ya later, winter!

4. Posted March 11, 2014 at 10:57 am | Permalink

It’s going up into the 70s this week in Atlanta and I hope it stays this way!

5. Posted March 11, 2014 at 11:38 am | Permalink

I know everyone else everywhere else in the country is ready for spring, but we’ve barely gotten a winter here! I would love to bundle up in a coat like this – you look adorable, by the way! xoxo

6. Posted March 11, 2014 at 11:47 am | Permalink

So chic! After vacations, I’m usually sick to death of really rich food. My husband and I both just eat tons and tons of fresh fruit and vegetables…

7. Posted March 11, 2014 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

It smelled like real spring this morning, and I practically skipped (especially since “real” spring is hardly real at all in SF)! John and I have both been craving light meals since it started to warm up, and I’m so relieved our bodies are doing the work on their own!

8. Posted March 12, 2014 at 3:57 am | Permalink

my advice would be : the more colors in your plate the best :)
    but let’s face it, it’s really hard. And also move, move, move. That’s what I’m saying to myself.

9. Posted March 12, 2014 at 10:15 am | Permalink

loving the layers!

XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

10. Posted March 12, 2014 at 10:40 am | Permalink

My spring cleaned diet starts tomorrow. I’m basically just trying to eat clean again. No more processed foods. I hate how much I rely on them in the winter!