Wanderlust

// a thousand threads
I’m trying to concentrate on serious things. I am. But I keep feeling my fingers creep over to the search bar to plan…

Yesterday we made it official — later this year, we’re planning to take a trip to Ireland and the south of France. Ireland with my family. (My great grandfather grew up in County Cork, and my father’s never been, so it’s something of a requirement that we get him there eventually. I’m so happy to say that we’ll finally be able to make it happen.) And France for us. (A short getaway to the sun and the sand and the lavender fields of the south. We haven’t left the country since our honeymoon, and we’re both feeling the itch for a nice, relaxing getaway.)

So you’ll excuse me if I can’t quite concentrate on the task at hand. My head is already on a plane, dreaming of the beautiful places I can’t wait to see.

Have you been to either place? I’d love to have your recommendations if you have! I’ve been to Ireland once but it’s been quite some time, and I’ve never been to the south of France.

/////

Eye the Fresh Exchange’s updates from Spain — more fuel for my wanderlust.

Buy this perfect, easy spring/summer dress.

I’ve been dying to make a copper clothing rack like this for a while.

Bake this awesome chickpea tofu.

/////

Frustrated that women continue to have such a hard time competing in professional kitchens, but inspired by this profile of Barbara Lynch.

Joy the Baker is brilliant (and on point).

Reflections from Maria Popova of Brain Pickings on 7 years of blogging.

This home.

1. Posted April 4, 2014 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Sounds like an AMAZING trip–how exciting!!

2. Posted April 4, 2014 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Oh wow what amazing getaways you have planned!! So exciting!!

Happy weekend, Laicie!

3. Posted April 5, 2014 at 12:42 am | Permalink

sounds sooo exciting, Laicie!! I definitely don’t blame you for not being able to concentrate! and that copper clothing rack… I’ve been crazy about anything copper lately. copper pans, copper door knobs… too good.

4. Posted April 5, 2014 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

I’ve been getting the itch to travel too! We are going to New York in September and are planning on an overseas trip not this May but the next. We really want to go back to London… but there are so many places we have yet to go!

5. Posted April 6, 2014 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Amazing plans Laicie 🙂
    We’ve been to Ireland once with my fiancé and Connemara is beautiful, as Dublin is magical! Colors, sheeps, listening to local bands in little pubs on the seaside, discovering secret islands,…
    For lavender fields, you should definitely go to Provence! Cooking classes, wine tasting, delicious soaps, a nice glass of rosé with your lover on a sunny terrace near the morning market,…

I know these places very well so if you need any advice, I would be more than happy to help you 🙂

Posted April 9, 2014 at 9:57 am | Permalink

Oh my gosh, I’d love to hear your recommendations! I can’t wait to go! And we definitely plan to hit Provence. 🙂

6. Posted April 6, 2014 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Ah how exciting! I’m headed to Europe for the first time this summer and THRILLED! And also overwhelmed. So much to see, so little time.

7. Posted April 29, 2014 at 7:49 am | Permalink

Hey, I live in ireland just outside dublin so if you want any travel tips just email me! Happy adventures

Posted May 2, 2014 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

Ohh I’d love that, thanks Vanessa!!