52 dates // 15

52 dates // a thousand threads
The date // Custard!
The place // Jimmie Cone
The choice // Vanilla with rainbow jimmies for her, chocolate/vanilla swirl with chocolate jimmies for him.

This weekend we saw our first 80 degree days of the year… the perfect spring kind without humidity or thundering rain. On Sunday, we wandered around our beautiful little town, bought some records, ate dinner outside, and took our first trip to Jimmie Cone (a local institution that’s packed from April to October every year).

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I just don’t know how I ever lived before there was custard in my life.

And I’m so glad the cold winter is gone…

52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads

1. Posted April 14, 2014 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Looks like the perfect spring weekend! I’m craving custard now…

2. Kami
    Posted April 14, 2014 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

I’ve never even had frozen custard! Maybe that’s a new business idea for the South

Posted April 14, 2014 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Seriously!! It’s so amazing, I can’t even believe we didn’t grow up with it in Oregon. It should be everywhere!

3. Posted April 14, 2014 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Wait…so is custard different from frozen yogurt?? Because now I want to try custard! Plus, ice cream dates are the best! And oh, this past weekend was gorgeous – glad you guys made the best out of it!

Posted April 16, 2014 at 8:48 am | Permalink

It’s so different!! I dare even say it may be the opposite — it’s so creamy and thick and amazing. You have to find some!

4. Posted April 15, 2014 at 1:39 am | Permalink

I died a bit inside while looking at these… I wish I could have one! Looks so colorful and yummy.

Posted April 16, 2014 at 8:50 am | Permalink

Aww I wish I could bring you one!!

5. Posted April 15, 2014 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Omg. Those cones? LOVE. You guys are adorable! And you know, I think I’ve only had custard once or twice in my life. The frozen yogurt abounds in Houston, but apparently I am going to have to hunt down the custard! Totally inspired for my next date now 🙂

Posted April 16, 2014 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Ahh you have to find some, it’s the best! Thanks lady. 😉

6. Posted April 15, 2014 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

Y E S ! Every time I’m home or in the Mid-Atlantic, I scramble to find frozen custard!

2 Trackbacks

• By 52 dates // 45 | A Thousand Threads on November 10, 2014 at 10:01 am

[…] that shouldn’t be any […]

• By 52 dates // 52 | A Thousand Threads on January 5, 2015 at 10:16 am

[…] keep driving past that beautiful farm on the super cold day, or might decide to stay in (or just grab another ice cream cone) more often than not. It helped us to plan ahead, to anticipate the time we’d […]