DIY all-purpose cleaner

diy all-purpose cleaner // a thousand threads
Just in case you haven’t already noticed, spring is here! And that means it’s time to spring clean. But just because you want to give everything a good scrub doesn’t mean you want it to smell like you did – and that’s not even mentioning the way that harsh cleaning products can make your skin feel.

That’s why lately we’ve been experimenting with making our own cleaning products. It’s easier than you’d ever think, cheaper than buying the stuff in the store, and they work great!

diy all-purpose cleaner // a thousand threads
DIY All-Purpose Cleaner

What you’ll need:
Glass container
White vinegar
Distilled water
Salt
Citrus peels (It’s easy to cut these away and use the yummy citrus inside for something tasty – we made this avocado citrus salad.)

1 // Put citrus peels in your glass container and sprinkle just a little bit of salt over the top. This helps to bring out the oils in the citrus.

diy all-purpose cleaner // a thousand threads
2 // Fill container halfway with vinegar, then top off with water.

diy all-purpose cleaner // a thousand threads
3 // Seal your container and leave to steep for 2-3 weeks. It looks pretty on your counter, so you won’t mind the wait.

diy all-purpose cleaner // a thousand threads
4 // Strain into a spray bottle and clean away!

This post appeared first on Coca-Cola Journey.

1. Posted April 15, 2014 at 8:27 am | Permalink

This is awesome, I can’t wait to try it!

Posted April 16, 2014 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Thanks Kevin!!

2. Posted April 15, 2014 at 9:15 am | Permalink

This is a great idea and beautiful imagery! Who knew cleaning could look so appealing?

3. Posted April 15, 2014 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Oooh no chemicals, and I bet it smells divine!

4. Posted April 15, 2014 at 10:41 am | Permalink

I’ve seen this on Pinterest! Will definitely give it a go!

Sophie X

your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

5. Posted April 15, 2014 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Wow girl, this is brilliant!

6. Posted April 15, 2014 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

This is John’s very favorite floor wash–and the citrus peels make everything smell so wonderful!

7. Posted April 16, 2014 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Awesome idea! Once I eat all the jelly beans out of my wecks jar I am going to give this a try!

8. Kay G.
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:11 am | Permalink

Would this be wood floor safe?

Posted April 27, 2014 at 9:36 pm | Permalink

Good question! I wasn’t sure so I did a little bit of looking and unfortunately it doesn’t look like it should be used on wood floors, but it’s great for counter tops, bathrooms, and anything else you might use an all-purpose cleaner for!

• Posted July 29, 2015 at 10:33 am | Permalink

No, the acid will damage the finish. 🙂

9. Cynthia
    Posted August 17, 2014 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Can’t Wait TO TRY IT!!!!!!!!

10. Karen
    Posted August 24, 2014 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

Is this good for mirrors and windows?

2 Trackbacks