A farmhouse dinner to welcome the spring

a farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threads
On Saturday evening, Mark and I were lucky enough to join a wonderful group of friends for a potluck dinner in this beautiful place.

The dinner was organized by Melissa, one of the absolute loveliest people I’ve gotten to know through blogging, and attended by friends both old and new. We gathered in a little farmhouse on 1100 acres of rolling green hills, rivers, and more wide open space than I can even begin to fathom, owned by a monastery with a long, beautiful history and farmed by Melissa’s father.

The place is quiet and beautiful and the company was warm and inviting. Mark and I brought along pie, and Rebecca brought along two delicious salads, along with (even more importantly) the most adorable guest of the evening. The table was filled with fresh farm beef and beautiful juicy tomatoes, and though our dreams of dining outdoors were dashed by the wind, the cozy dining room made for the perfect spot for conversation.

We laughed and dined well into the evening, already planning the next event by the time this one came to an end…

a farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threadsa farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threadsa farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threadsa farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threadsa farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threadsa farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threadsa farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threadsa farmhouse dinner for spring // a thousand threads

1. Posted April 16, 2014 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Such a beautiful afternoon.

2. Posted April 16, 2014 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Love the light in the last one. It all looks so serene!

Sophie x

3. Posted April 16, 2014 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Love it! I can’t wait for backyard bbqs and dinners.

4. Posted April 16, 2014 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Your pix are always so great, the blog has such a wonderful feel 🙂

5. Posted April 16, 2014 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Wow, that farmhouse looks so gorgeous! I miss being out in the country so so much! This has inspired me to get away on my next weekend off! Glad you had fun, it looked so relaxing, and I’m sure the company and food were amazing!

One Trackback

• By spring cometh » melissa hope on April 16, 2014 at 9:22 pm

[…] Below are a few photos from the dinner (and from my weekend at home). I was so engaged in the conversation on Saturday evening that I only took a few photos, but I’m lucky enough to have such talented friends who captured the evening perfectly: Rebecca’s dreamy photos and Laicie’s images that are delicious as her pies. […]