52 dates // 17

52 dates // a thousand threads
The date // A walk in the park.
Where // Baker Park in downtown Frederick, with coffee from Dublin Roasters.

This weekend was intense. Super busy, a little stressful… so rewarding, but nonetheless, by Sunday afternoon we were in need of a little break. It was a gorgeous day, so we picked up two iced coffees and went for a walk in Baker Park.

We wandered past the park’s pretty outdoor amphitheater (which I usually associate with the coldest of cold Christmas shows that I try my darndest to avoid every year — like the cold weather Scrooge that I am). Everything has turned back to green and, just like the grass that’s been hiding under a thick layer of snow for so long, my poor pale skin was so happy to see the sun, I think I could’ve sat in those bleachers all day.

Tell me, what were you up to this weekend?

To those in the mid-west and south, I hope you and your loved ones stayed safe through the storms.

52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads

1. Posted April 28, 2014 at 11:42 am | Permalink

What a perfect Sunday afternoon! We had an unusually full weekend, but it was so much fun!

2. Posted April 29, 2014 at 1:42 am | Permalink

I had an usually full weekend too, actually I seem to be having an unusually full week as well. eeps. I’m going on a two week vacation after this week though… really looking forward to that!

3. Posted April 29, 2014 at 7:48 am | Permalink

Very pretty pics! We ended up getting away with the kids for the night to celebrate a big birthday for my husband. Was lovely.

Posted May 2, 2014 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Ooh that does sound lovely!! I hope he had a happy birthday! 🙂

4. Posted May 1, 2014 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Beautiful shot of Baker Park! My husband and I live a few blocks away from this spot!

Posted May 2, 2014 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Eee Abi, a Frederick local! Thank you!! I love your neighborhood. I have not-so-secret dreams of living near Baker Park and walking/riding my bike to my bakery on Market Street every morning. 😉 Someday…

5. Posted May 6, 2014 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Yes! I completely agree with you! I love living so close to the park; its just two blocks away which is an easy walk! But the houses right at the park are just breathtaking. I’m a new follower to your blog, but I’ve really enjoyed it so far!

Posted May 7, 2014 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Thank you, Abi!! I’m so glad to have you. And the whole area around the park is just gorgeous, what a great place to live!