Cooking with almond milk // Banana nutella fudge pops

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.

banana nutella fudge pops // a thousand threads
When I was young we used to freeze all sorts of things – bananas, grapes, cookies, anything cold to keep the summer heat away.

Looking back I realize how pathetic that was – I long for Oregon’s gorgeous summers on these hot sticky east coast days – but really, that’s just the fun of the season. No matter where you are, summer just wouldn’t be summer without a few frozen goods. And these particular frozen goods include the benefits of almond milk, so I’m just going to go ahead and call this a totally healthy treat. A totally healthy treat that takes me right back to those frozen banana days (just without all that rock-hard action you sometimes get with frozen bananas).

And an extra bonus? If you make your own hazelnut spread these popsicles are totally gluten free, vegan, and just barely over 100 calories apiece.

I partnered with #SilkAlmondBlends and #CollectiveBias on this post partly because even though I can’t stay away from the custard stand, I probably should. In the past couple of years, I’ve developed a sensitivity to dairy that’s tolerable, but not exactly a bundle of fun, so I’ve been trying more and more to find treats that use an alternative to milk.

banana nutella fudge pops // a thousand threads
It’s actually pretty easy to sub almond milk into recipes, and most of the time you can’t even tell the difference. Plus, with #SilkAlmondBlends Protein + Fiber and Coconut Blend (which you can find super easily, I bought mine at Safeway, below) you get an extra boost of nutrition.

I’ve said lots of times, I really do like health food, but not when it tastes healthy, and you’d never guess that these fudge pops are as good for you as they are.

banana nutella fudge pops // a thousand threads
Banana Nutella Fudge Pops

3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup hazelnut spread (such as Nutella, or make your own with almond milk!)
1/2 cup almond milk

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to popsicle molds, and place a stick in the middle of each mold. Freeze for at least 6 hours or until solid.

Once frozen, run outside of popsicle molds under hot water for a few seconds and test stick until popsicles come free.

(As you can see from the ends of my popsicles, I don’t quite have that part down. Any tips?)

banana nutella fudge pops // a thousand threads
banana nutella fudge pops // a thousand threads

1. Posted June 26, 2014 at 11:01 am | Permalink

These sound so delicious. I need to try!!

2. Posted June 26, 2014 at 11:04 am | Permalink

Banana-based “ice cream” is my absolute favorite, and this recipe sounds heavenly!

3. spicedblog
    Posted June 27, 2014 at 11:16 am | Permalink

These popsicles are absolutely stunning! And I love that you made them with Silk…totally trying them out for the long holiday weekend coming up! #client

4. Posted June 30, 2014 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

I’m glad to hear cooking with almond milk is the same. I made two cakes past weekend and they didn’t turn out the best. 🙁

5. Posted July 1, 2014 at 10:50 am | Permalink

These look amazing!!!

Posted July 1, 2014 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Thanks Megan!! Hope you’re settling back in post-Alt. 🙂

6. Carol
    Posted May 14, 2015 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Tap the mold on the counter a few times before putting it in the freezer. This should release any air bubbles in the bottom and give you a nice top.

Posted May 15, 2015 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Thanks for the tip, Carol!!

3 Trackbacks

• By Banana Nutella Fudge Pops on July 1, 2014 at 5:48 pm

[…] wrong with nutella, banana and almond milk? You can’t, which is why we love this recipe from A Thousand Threads that uses only three ingredients and features a smooth texture minus any dairy product. If you end […]

• By Crushing On - Chez Us on July 11, 2014 at 2:15 am

[…] These popsicles […]

• By Banana Nutella Fudge Pops | Tasty Kitchen Ideas on August 18, 2014 at 7:00 am

[…] it eight? Whatever, they were awesome, and since we’re up to our sweaty necks in summer, these Banana Nutella Fudge Pops from TK member Laicie were right up my […]