52 dates // 26

harpers ferry // 52 dates // a thousand threads
The date // Watching the sun go down over Harper’s Ferry.
The snack // Custard, for the second time that day…

One of my very favorite places, especially in this area, is Harper’s Ferry. We try to get there at least once a year to hike Maryland Heights, wander around the colonial town, and of course, eat some custard at Swiss Miss.

On Sunday we’d planned to make it up to Maryland Heights for the sunset, but made it just part of the way there before the sun started to fade, so we stopped to enjoy the rest of the day on a big rock in the middle of the Shenandoah River, just off the C&O Canal that I still swear we’re going to through-bike, and watch the AT through-hikers, who I still swear we’re going to join…

One of these days, when we can both work on the run, which is just what we both dreamt about as we sat there watching the sun dip beneath the clouds.

P.S. We’re halfway there! The year is flying by so fast.

harpers ferry // 52 dates // a thousand threadsharpers ferry // 52 dates // a thousand threadsharpers ferry // 52 dates // a thousand threadsharpers ferry // 52 dates // a thousand threads

1. Posted June 30, 2014 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

This looks like Heaven.

2. Posted July 1, 2014 at 8:25 am | Permalink

So cute! I can’t belieeeeeve you’re halfway there already. Slow down!!

Posted July 1, 2014 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Haha I know, I wish I could!

3. Posted July 1, 2014 at 9:50 am | Permalink

Seriously, I can’t believe we’re halfway.. the year really is flying (lightning speed) This is probably one of my favorite. There’s something so calming and wonderful just being outdoors and watching the sunset with your lover. Ahh, love it!

Posted July 1, 2014 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Aww thanks lady!! Isn’t it crazy how fast the year is flying by? Before we know it Christmas will be here… eek!

4. Posted July 1, 2014 at 10:34 am | Permalink

I totally need to hunt down some frozen custard this weekend. What a beautiful sunset!

Posted July 1, 2014 at 2:46 pm | Permalink