52 dates // 28

52 dates // a thousand threads
The date // Curling up for a night on the couch.

Sick always seems to come at the most inopportune time.

But then when is there ever really an opportune time?

These past few days have been slow for me, moving at half speed while my body forces me to slow down at just the time I wish it would sit back, shut up, and hang tough.

But there is at least something of a silver lining, in that the sick has afforded Mark and I a good chunk of time to snuggle up on the couch. We’ve been able to keep up with the latest crashes and dropouts on the Tour (wo this year), watch a few more episodes of Breaking Bad, and jump into the new season of Masters of Sex… perfect activities for the dark summer storms that have been swirling outside our window all week.

(Do a little anti rain dance to ward off the storms on Saturday for me, will you? We can move our party inside, but the outdoor location is so gorgeous I’d just hate to have to.

… then how would we roast s’mores?)

52 dates // a thousand threads

1. Posted July 15, 2014 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Ack! Here’s to feeling better soon!

Posted July 16, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Thanks lady!

2. Posted July 15, 2014 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

you make staying home sick look good πŸ˜‰ hope you’re feeling way better already!!

Posted July 16, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Haha thanks lady. On the internet at least… in person, not so much. But things are definitely improving. πŸ™‚

3. Posted July 16, 2014 at 8:23 am | Permalink

The rain and cobbled streets on the TDF earlier this week looked crazy! Hope you’re feeling better. Fingers crossed the rain goes away for your party!

Posted July 16, 2014 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Right?! What an insane year!! I’m so sad my Schleck is out but not so sad about Contador. #sorrynotsorry πŸ˜‰ Can’t wait to see what’s to come!

4. Posted July 17, 2014 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Hope you feel better soon Laicie. Also, what blend of tea have you got pictured above? It looks as though it would have a very pretty scent.