Vacation Friday

a beautiful dinner party, a sale at need supply, diy drink stirrers, and mini chocolate coconut pops // a thousand threads
Things currently making me happy…

1 // The success of our first Field + Foundry event, which I can’t wait to share soon. (Did you see Carlene’s and Morgan’s recaps?)

2 // The fact that my auto-responder is officially set and I am officially off the grid (okay well, sort of) for four days in Newport… a beautiful place only made better by the annual addition of all things folk.

3 // Your sweet, candid, amazing help on our survey. Thank you beyond thanks for being here and supporting what we do here on this little blog. I really can’t tell you how much it means.

4 // And last but most certainly not least… Weird Al’s #1 album. I don’t readily admit it, but Mr. Yankovic’s was the first concert I ever attended at the ripe old age of something like 12.

I usually say it was Bush, because they came next and because Gavin Rossdale… but if you count it, and the casino it was in, it was totally Al. So this one takes me back to say the least.

Have an amazing weekend of fun you guys! (Mandatory fun… get it? Okay I’ll stop.)

It’s so nice to have a few days off that we’re planning to make the most of every second.

/////

Eye this beautiful dinner party from Bustle Events and Apartment 34.

Buy some good stuff (like this hand cream) from Need Supply’s sale.

Make these pretty reusable gold drink stirrers.

Bake these mini chocolate coconut popsicles.

/////

Oh Joy on the changing business of blogging.

Have you heard of “One Year, One Dream“? I love everything about this idea.

This packing list is pure brilliance.

Learning = sucking.

The Bloggess explains feminism, and is amazing as always.

This article on John Lennon and Paul McCartney is so good in so many ways.

1. Posted July 25, 2014 at 9:35 am | Permalink

Ok I just had to pop in and comment because Weird Al was the first concert I ever went to also — and I almost never admit it either! But I think his recent album and music videos are clear proof of his true genius. :)

Have a great weekend!

2. Posted July 25, 2014 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Can’t wait to hear about your Field + Foundry event, and enjoy your vacay in Newport!

3. Posted July 25, 2014 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for the link love!!

Posted July 25, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

You’re so welcome, Erin!! Your event was beautiful!

4. Posted July 25, 2014 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Laicie, Thanks so much! I appreciate the link love! x

5. Posted July 25, 2014 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Have a fabulous time away!