Things to be thankful for

ombre carrots // a thousand threads
I’m guilty of not sharing a real-life update with you all in a while – I’ve been sharing the pretty, easy things instead. But these beautiful carrots reminded me that we’re long overdue.

Our lives are still in limbo, caught somewhere between greatness and complete and total terror… hoping to scratch our way out of the darkness sometime soon.

When we left for Europe, we were certain Mark had a job lined up for his return. But after some time waiting around for the reality to materialize, we’ve found ourselves back at square one. I won’t ramble on about the worry or the stress, because I’m sure you already know. A month, maybe two… that’s manageable. Going on three with no end in sight… suffice to say it sucks.

But, though it might feel a little early for thanks, we’ve also been reminded — so many times over these past few months — why thanks is never really limited to that one day a year.

ombre carrots // a thousand threads
We’re thankful for Dough Uprising and Field + Foundry, which have kept us busy, afloat, and enlivened as we swim through the muck. We’re thankful for the safety and security of my work in DC. We’re thankful for the possibilities that all of these pursuits offer… and the feeling that maybe, just maybe, this will take us exactly where we’re meant to go.

We’re thankful for good friends, who will trade us carrots for bread without a blink. Without even knowing the depth of the struggle we’re in. And we’re thankful for families who’ve been there to listen when we’re down.

But most of all, we’re thankful for each other. For the support to lean on and the shared dreams to dream. Who knows how all of this ends… I certainly don’t. But for now, we have more to be thankful for than not, and there’s something in that itself that means more than business as usual ever could. Something comforting in the muck that says, more than ever, that it’s all gonna be okay.

1. Posted October 16, 2014 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

So many positive thoughts being sent your way my dear…

2. Michelle
    Posted October 16, 2014 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Thinking of you and Mark. Sending positive vibes your way. You guys will totally get through this, it’s just a little bump in the road.

3. Posted October 16, 2014 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

This is the most beautiful, true post. I know things must feel incredibly challenging, but having the support of your community during this time is a such a gift, and a sign of the energy and love you’ve poured into those people.

4. Posted October 16, 2014 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

There’s always something to be thankful for! This post reminds me of a Gratitude Journal I spotted while back-to-school shopping at Paper Source :) Best of luck to you! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

5. Posted October 17, 2014 at 1:08 am | Permalink

I know how frustrating that waiting can be, but I’m sure that things are going to work out even though you can’t see around the corner right now!

6. kislanykim
    Posted October 17, 2014 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Hang in there – hoping the right thing comes your way soon!!