52 dates // 45

52 dates // a thousand threads
This weekend I went back to yoga, rearranged the living room, hunted for new props, finally hung that new piece of art, and took the time to drive out to the C&O Canal just because…

These past few months have been so rewarding, and I’m already looking forward to the next event and the next market, but right now I couldn’t be more thankful for the calm.

I love the hard work, but somewhere along the way we lost the ability to also lead a normal life. Hard work is one thing, but letting everything else fly by without a wink is entirely another… so yesterday, with a weekend full of little accomplishments (like our rearranged living room that I love) Mark and I decided to purposely stop and take it all in.

We both love to take pictures – and you might’ve noticed we take a ton – but it’s rare that we have the time to pull over on the road and just capture something great that we see… we always seem to be running to the next event. So this weekend, we created our own little Insta-date. We drove out, around sunset, to a part of the C&O Canal where we’ve never been… and we just wandered.

… on the way home we may also have taken advantage of that location’s proximity to ice cream.

But that shouldn’t be any surprise.

P.S. Did I mention that today is our second anniversary? How lucky am I to have this guy?

P.P.S. If you feel like reminiscing along with me, all of our wedding recaps (and the whole leadup to the day) are here. And the rest of our 52 dates are here!

52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads52 dates // a thousand threads

1. Posted November 10, 2014 at 11:17 am | Permalink

My favorite moments with my favorite people are when we aren’t really doing anything special but just enjoying each other’s company 🙂 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

Posted November 10, 2014 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Mine too 🙂

2. Amanda L
    Posted November 10, 2014 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Happy anniversary!

3. Posted November 10, 2014 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

I said it on Instagram but I’ll say it again, happy anniversary! I’ve just watched your wedding film, bursting with joy, and it was… There are no words, just happy tears.

4. Posted November 10, 2014 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

Wishing you a very happy anniversary; so glad you got a chance to take it all in.

5. Posted November 11, 2014 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Oh how beautiful! Glad you two were able to steal some quiet moments this weekend, and happy anniversary!!!

6. Kami